Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Every time I see "Schedule a date"

It makes me sad that I can't actually schedule a date. The only option is to be whisked off immediately on the date. It would be fantastic to be able to call up a romantic interest and pick the day and time with a notification two hours prior, like work, that your date is about to start.
  • Yeah, a little build up would be nice - the instant whisk-off is a bit odd.

Then of course there's dealing with the freakin social butterflies at whatever location you're at.

Yes, thoes are nice pants. No, please don't take them off. Yes I'm on a date. No, it's not going to end that way with you involved. I'm sorry T-Rex just doesn't rev my engine that way.

Goddammit Hobo Pete.
  • If they don't want to let us schedule a date in advance, they should at least take the word "schedule" out of the game text.

"You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means..."
  • "SimSiren3;12831325" wrote:
    If they don't want to let us schedule a date in advance, they should at least take the word "schedule" out of the game text.

"You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means..."

+50 points to Griffyndor for that reference.

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1535/15358365/2540337-2638829748-tumbl.jpg
  • Is it bad that I thought this topic was to be discussing that "schedule a date" sounds like it involves a phone call, paying in advance and a hotel?

No?

Just me?

K...because thats not what I thought it was going to be about either.
  • I have never heard of Esteemed BFF, but then I've also never been to a nontraditional wedding. The closest I've been to a nontraditional is outside rather than a church and the officiator was a lawyer instead of a priest. Quite nice actually. I don't like churches (they creep me out) and the officiator was quick and got to the point instead of dragging the ceremony out.
  • I have not scheduled any dates yet. I will wait till they come out with some expansions. Right now, I wouldn't know where to take them! The park, gym, library, museum?
    Some post say your home is best so there are no interruptions :p
  • I'm all for this. The instant party can really catch you out if you discover yor sim really has to go 5 seconds into the event and abandons the guests.
  • I too am disappointed that events and dates happen immediately. I would like to schedule a party and have a few hours to prepare food and drinks before the guests arrive!
  • I agree. I would like to set up a day and time for the date. And then actually spend sometime getting ready for it. New clothes or new hairstyle etc for my female sims. My male sims just don't care they will go anywhere anytime. Lol