Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Failed Job In Home Designer

So what do you do when the person only gives you dislikes and you know nothing else about them? Like what their favorite decor is or anything like that? I had my Sim has and everything and I got nothing out of the Sims. So I just had my Sim just go for something and they ended up hating it. I just thought it was a bit strange that they only gave me dislikes and I couldn't get anything else out of them.
  • Here’s a few tips I found when playing.

-Ask every household member there favourite colors ect, on the friendly tab. It doesn’t keep tabs of it in the career panel but it does count when designing.
    -You can convince the clients to choose other options in the interior tab if you talk to them enough times.
    - You don’t have to only use what they like but try to avoid what they don’t like and make sure during the reveal you point out the stuff you added that they might like.
  • Ask the color question when you first get there. I noticed that it isn't always available even after half a bar of friendship, which I loath.
    MVWdeZT
    Rising Adventurer
    Before your Sim's gig, go to Map view and find the clients. If you click on them, you can bring up their traits, aspirations, and - likes and dislikes.
  • All of these are good suggestions, I just keep going with different members of the household and if I've run out of questions, I'll use Get To Know. Sometimes they will change their preferences while talking with them.
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "Cheekybits;c-17904439" wrote:
    Here’s a few tips I found when playing.

- You don’t have to only use what they like but try to avoid what they don’t like and make sure during the reveal you point out the stuff you added that they might like.

Does this actually affect the rating? Because if it does, then that's stupid. I have had clients going somewhere else and not looking in the rooms I renovated even when I pointed out stuff that they might like.
    Isharell
    New Spectator
    Sometimes they are kind of grumpy. My 3rd client was bored and it took ages to get any information out of her. What I finally got, after a lot of socializing (she seemed to ignore most of the design questions at first), was mostly negative. She lived alone so I had no one else to turn to. Since her house was really plain with minimal furniture I just did what I thought looked nice. I expected her to hate it (when she arrived she was still bored!) but she surprised me by liking it.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,107 PostsLatest Activity: 8 minutes ago