Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Favorite Vampire Weaknesses?

Which Vampire Weaknesses do you usually tend to give your vampires when you make them?

I usually change them based on the vampire, but I love the weakness to sun, usually they will get x2 or x3 of that. Gotta be more careful with them.

I added a mod to my vampires that makes their energy drain at the same rate as thirst (a bit slower than a normal sims energy) , and I've paired it with the weakness that makes you tense during the day and drains your energy. Now my vampires actually have to sleep unless they're master vampires, which I like.
  • I'm still patiently waiting for a plague, or perhaps a Blade type Sim, to wipe them out. Until then, I quite enjoy knowing the sun obliterates them. >:)
  • I usually go with fitful sleep x2 and uncontrollable hissing. Then for the higher levels I will go with vampiric aura or sleep of the undead. My vampires very soon don't need to sleep because when they expend their energy I let them meditate. I sometimes use vampirism to make my sims properly immortal so the ones I want to make invincible I work on their powers until they become immune to the sun.
  • But why would anyone want to wipe out vampires - they are so cool, added a little danger to the game too. I have a vampire family living in the old salt house in San Myshuno and at night the dad Flies into town and wreaks havoc especially when there is a festival going on. It would be more realistic to see sims scampering away and not just standing watching and literally waiting for my vampire to attack them next.

I also try to make them look as scary as possible and sometimes let them keep their dark form. With vampiric aura they are well despised by almost everyone. Yesterday my little daughter used some black marker on her dolly to make her look like a vampire. So because of the sims she isn't afraid of the scary look.
  • Withered Stomach, Sleep of the Undead and all three ranks of Thin Skinned give me the flavor I'm looking for. No normal food, no normal sleep and sunlight kills in less than 10 seconds.
  • I love the weakness sloppy drinker because it is not really a problem while you have many sims around haha. I love guilty drinker too , you can get rid of the tense buff with the carefree reward trait.
  • I tend to like the withered stomach and uncontrollable hissing weaknesses the most. Eternal sadness is pretty fun too.
  • "TheGoodOldGamer;c-16277073" wrote:
    I'm still patiently waiting for a plague, or perhaps a Blade type Sim, to wipe them out. Until then, I quite enjoy knowing the sun obliterates them. >:)

This will wipe them out:
    -disablepacks:GP04
  • Uncontrollable hissing
    Sleep Of The Undead (sleeps in coffin)
    (?) (burns in the sun light X2) can't remember what it's called
    (from there, it differs from Vampire to Vampire)
  • Eternal Sadness is my favorite for my favorite vampire. <3 I also really like Guilty Drinker for that same vampire. I just wish it made him Sad instead of Tense.
    Ancaryvan
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Favourite Vampire Weakness:
    Fistful Sleep, Sleep Of The Undead because sleep is waste of time. Also Eternal Sadness or mild Dayphobia.