Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Foraging in Bramblewood & wildlife spotting

I'm having lots of trouble foraging for harvestables in Bramblewood. I've managed to find one Chocoberry plant that never seems to have any berries on it & that's it. No mushrooms or anything else. Has anyone else managed to find any?

I also see very little wildlife around; a couple of foxes & a few birds. Never seen a rabbit. What's the trick to those? I got the impression from the info about the pack that there would be more around.
  • I see plenty of wild animals, mostly in Old New Henford or Bramblewood. It might depend a bit on what lot I'm playing, what lot traits or challenges etc, but basically I think it's just about hanging out long enough for them to span. I even had a neighbor's hen wandering onto my sim's lot, and staying there for 3 days so far. Love that birds and animals can wander like this. I found mushrooms and blueberries, but I must admit I didn't really look for them. The mushrooms were near the waterfall, they were "mysterious m", and I planted them to find out and harvest whatever they are. just my sim wanted something to grow, lol.
    OldeSimsFan
    Seasoned Rookie
    Have found almost nothing harvestable and that little has been by the ruins. Found 1 raspberry bush but no berries. Found where birds & bunnies live, but no residents. I've found more plant and animal life in the desert world of Oasis Springs.
  • Once you find one of the new berries, you should in theory be set, because the Creature Keeper will trade them for the others on a 2:1 ratio. I found plenty of all three types (no Seasons installed, though, so that could be a factor), also Sinister mushrooms and Mystery mushrooms (not sure about the english names) in two places: in the ruins and near a bench on patch leading up to the waterfall. They took a while to actually become harvestable, though.

Had no luck with rabbits or birds. The creature homes always say "nobody at home" and I met a single brown rabbit in the wild within one week. I don't remember if I was in the open area next to the National Park or on the lot with my sim.
    OldeSimsFan
    Seasoned Rookie
    Seasons, with related patch(es) seems to have ruined gardening. A pity, as that helps to keep sims busy and can provide decent income.