Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Foundations in Del Sol Valley

I got Get Famous last night and started building in one of the plots. But for some reason, there's no foundation height option. So I can't do it. I thought maybe it was because I had 4 floors. I took one off, and it didn't fix it. I have a basement, but no foundation. And the house next door has no foundation either.

Is it a glitch for Del Sol?
I couldn't post this in the help thread bc there was no option for a new discussion. So hopefully this gets where I need it to be.
  • "LSM36;c-16893353" wrote:
    Double headed arrow huh? Nope had no idea. Why change it to something like that? Confusing.

They changed it because you have more options now, and can have different foundation heights for different parts of the same building. It's much better now than it was. The change was needed, because the old tool was lot wide and foundations don't work that way anymore. Yay!
  • No, you should be able to control foundation height in DSV.
    Is it possible that you aren't aware of the changes made in the Get Famous patch? Foundation height is now controlled via a double-headed arrow in the center of a room when you click on it. This was mentioned in the patch notes.
  • Double headed arrow huh? Nope had no idea. Why change it to something like that? Confusing.
  • There were a lot of build updates that came along with the new terrain tools, including sliding building blocks up and down using the new square thing with arrows in the middle of the room. With that, they didn’t need a foundation tool any more, as it does the same thing and more. You can make them way higher now, or sink a room into the ground.

I think you can have even more floors now too, including something like four underground basement floors and maybe six above ground?