Forum Discussion

Lolzarella
Rising Scout
6 years ago

Game Running Poorly

Is anyone else experiencing their game not running well, like lag and freezes? I thought it was my particular game save so I copied the households and started a whole new game save with them (that was super tedious, BTW, along with fixing all the borked relationships). I didn't use the houses I suspected might be causing bug issues and I also repaired the game before I rebuilt that new save game. I'm just checking to see if it's a known game issue or if it's something on my end.
  • "Catzilla;c-17212510" wrote:
    "SiliClone;c-17212503" wrote:
    How many files do you have in your mod folder?

I'm not sure, they're all split off into subfolders.
    ETA: Ok, there's tons. lol. I'll start removing the ones I think are suspect first as I can identify those pretty easily. Then I'll have to go through and play the ID the cc file one by one. *cries*

It's not the size of the folder it's the number of files. I have 48 GB of CC in 20 files and my game runs without lags... If you have more than 2000 files in the folder the game starts to act up... the best thing is to merge cc.
  • @SiliClone, I don't have that many files or folders by a longshot but there is definitely some cc that I can dump.

Update: I chose to begin troubleshooting by removing the easiest to eliminate suspects first: the suspected problematic cc by a particular creator. So far, the game SEEMS to be running better but I'll test it more thoroughly. I'll take @Cupid's and @Siliclone's advice as well and lighten my library and cc game load as well. Thank you for the troubleshooting help and advice!
  • After this last update, my game has been freezing on the traveling screen. The words still change so its not completely frozen but it just sits there and never goes to the destination. Any advice?
  • Having this problem ever since I bought two more Expansion Packs just recently. In groups, such as Clubs, and at places like nightclubs, I can't get through a scene without having to pause and hit play repeatedly, or "debug object" on Sim after Sim. It's disturbing. I was wondering if it was one two many expansion packs for my Sims laptop (Dell Inspiron 5000) but maybe it's something else?
  • @nikkibabyxo Mine was throwing errors after getting to the destination. I haven't gone back to continue play testing my save game since I last posted but you could read the advice I was given and see if helps you out. Also, do as EA Joz suggested and bring the issue to the other board.

@Nushnushganay, I had something similar when I added new packs. Try running the Repair game feature on the Origin Sims 4 launcher, it helped me out. Look for the little settings sprocket thingy under the orange Play button.