Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Ghost needs...Why?

I am playing as a ghost for the first time and I hate it. They have some cool interactions, but why do ghost have needs. You would think the afterlife would leave you with more time do other things, live reek havoc on the living. I cant die again from not eating, and my can't heart stop from embarrassingly peeing myself. EA please change this, the mod doesn't work anymore and it should really be a thing already. As a ghost all I should need is fun and social, and maaaaybe energy (a strong maybe). If I play as a undead, I don't want to worry about mundane things like bathing, using the potty and cooking a meal. Not sure how much this topic comes up in the forums but can we please get this updated in a patch or something. I would like to explore being a ghost but the needs make it so blah.
  • Yeah, I play lots of ghosts and I can't fathom any reason as to why they still need to take care of a bladder, eat, and bathe. I can understand Energy needs though, bc ghosts require more energy to continue maintaining their ghostly form and need to recharge, but Fun and Social should be their only other needs to be taken care of. Well now we have those super-expensive reward traits that I can just cheat on my ghosts for them to function as not-living.
  • Ghosts having needs is a prime example of lazy game design.

They aren't really ghosts, just re-skinned human sims.
  • "paradiseplanet;c-16355589" wrote:
    Yeah, I play lots of ghosts and I can't fathom any reason as to why they still need to take care of a bladder, eat, and bathe. I can understand Energy needs though, bc ghosts require more energy to continue maintaining their ghostly form and need to recharge, but Fun and Social should be their only other needs to be taken care of. Well now we have those super-expensive reward traits that I can just cheat on my ghosts for them to function as not-living.

Buying the satisfaction rewards is not a bad idea, I think I will do that. Thanx for the idea! Full disclaimer I will definitely be using cheats for this...
  • Agreed. Tbh I'd also get rid of energy, I don't see the need for it. Maybe we could have like a haunting need, though, or only on certain ghosts that had violent deaths, that we could fill by pestering mortals with the ghost interactions and possessing stuff. Although I guess that counts as social but... Would be cool to have some more haunting type interactions. Or violent ghosts could have social replaced with haunting.. Idk.
  • Energy could be fulfilled by resting in and returning to their grave. I did made a suggestion thread to fleshing out the whole lifestage (along with secret world titled "Afterlife" that only ghost can stay during the day and at any time of the night).
  • I realize that I put this in the wrong feedback forum, not sure if I can delete or move it, but if someone have the power to do so. Please help me out. Thank you!

*Edit*This post was originally in forum ideas & feedback but was moved to the proper category.
  • "marcel21;c-16357812" wrote:
    I have never figured out how to make a playable ghost.
    Really they have full needs?

Yep you have to take care of every need you would as a living sim. To make a ghost playable you have to be good enough friends and ask the ghost to move in with you, you can just move them in via townie panel if they appear there and lastly you can just cheat it with testingcheat true, right click on them and add the ghost to your family.

"DragonCat159;c-16359632" wrote:
    Energy could be fulfilled by resting in and returning to their grave. I did made a suggestion thread to fleshing out the whole lifestage (along with secret world titled "Afterlife" that only ghost can stay during the day and at any time of the night).

I would love to see a secret world called afterlife that only ghost sims can enter!! It would also be cool to use the serum that's in the Get to work expansion pack, to have living sims able to visit the world as well.
  • If you don't mind mods there is this. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=593759
  • I also remembered that some ghosts like Starvation ghosts do need to have Hunger needs where they are, or else why would a ghost who died by it no longer needs to eat? Immersion-breaking if they nerfed ghosts having any needs at all for specific deaths. Apart from those other needs-related deaths they can nerf the need to fill needs however.