Forum Discussion

serendipity38
New Spectator
2 years ago

GrT Family Dynamics Issue

I took my YA mother sim, YA father sim and just Infantatized infant sim into CAS to edit the infant a bit. Wanted to edit the family dynamics of the couple and if possible, to/with their daughter, as well. But even between the couple, it's all greyed out and it says "Can not edit preexisting sim." I'm not trying to change who they are in relation to each other, but the family dynamic option....

Can anyone please help me out here?
    alan650
    New Spectator
    Yes! Use "cas.fulleditmode" before entering CAS and you can edit everything!
  • @DarkLady2788 yes, @alan650111 suggested that as well, and it did the trick. Thank you both!
    BissenNess
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "Serendipity38;c-18243500" wrote:
    I was hoping there was some other way, but yes I'll try that. Thank you @alan650111

Family Dynamics aren't supposed to be editable in CAS, you're supposed to change them through game play. Kind of like non-blood family relationships.
  • I hear you, @Eleri . But before I went in to edit with full edit mode in CAS, there was NO family dynamic listed for the couple to one another, or between each of them and their daughter either. It just said "Family Dynamic". Well, I've edited that to have them all "Close" to one another, we'll see if and how gameplay alters that going forward.
    amapola76
    New Adventurer
    "Eleri;c-18243548" wrote:
    I was hoping there was some other way, but yes I'll try that. Thank you @alan650111

Family Dynamics aren't supposed to be editable in CAS, you're supposed to change them through game play. Kind of like non-blood family relationships.

Not really true at all. They specifically said in the livestream that you could change them through either CAS or gameplay.
    amapola76
    New Adventurer
    "JustinB113;c-18243666" wrote:
    "Amapola76;c-18243658" wrote:
    "Eleri;c-18243548" wrote:

Not really true at all. They specifically said in the livestream that you could change them through either CAS or gameplay.

I’m not sure the wording they used, maybe they just said it badly but think they were referring to the initial CAS when you make the sim or to using full edit mode.

You can’t change existing family dynamics in CAS without cheats and it seems intentional.

That's very different from saying they "aren't supposed to be editable in CAS," which is what I was responding to. The gurus made a point of saying that we can make those changes if we want to. If that's through cas.fulleditmode, who cares? Most of us use that all the time.
  • I see what you're saying, @JustinB113 and it makes complete sense. I'll keep that in mind going forward, thank you!

And thank you to everyone else who replied as well. I hope everyone's enjoying the new gameplay from the new pack as much as I am! :D
  • I was hoping there was some other way, but yes I'll try that. Thank you @alan650111