Forum Discussion

9 months ago

High school years window??

I could have sworn there was a non-functional version of the high school years sneaking out window? Am I wrong? I can’t place the functional one without cheats and it causes issues sometimes, but i want all my windows to match
    LadyGray01
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "Flikka_Flikka;c-18343356" wrote:
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can use the window in question as a normal window, but the escape function will be disabled if the window isn't accessible from both sides (and the game warns you as you place it).

That is true, I had forgotten. You get an error, but it will place, as long as the wall is empty. But you can't place anything near the window like you can with regular windows, whether it's working or not. Well, oddly you can put curtains on it.

I once decided I didn't care if it functioned and built a house using it, but ended up replacing all of them while trying to place furniture. I also found that the windows sometimes disappeared randomly while I was working on the house.

Of course, all of this is moot if you build with move objects on.
  • "Flikka_Flikka;c-18343356" wrote:
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can use the window in question as a normal window, but the escape function will be disabled if the window isn't accessible from both sides (and the game warns you as you place it).

This is correct
    Jooleeyuh
    Seasoned Scout
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Indeed. When I was building San Sequoia apartments, I noticed these windows being used in decoration buildings. It was painful not using it because if I did, it would block objects being placed near that.
    LadyGray01
    Seasoned Vanguard
    There is not a non-functional version of that window. I wish there was because I've built several houses that should have that style window and there isn't another one in the game. Its such a basic style that there should be. The closest match is a bigger window.
  • Not in the pack, I don't think, but there is one in basegame that is very similar, or maybe an exact match?

The trellis in HSY does have functional and nonfunctional versions.