Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Home Chef Hustle I’m So Freaking Excited: Do you all think this will make cooking so much better?

I was commenting in pack discussion (I’ll quote it below so you see my thought process) and I was thinking about all the mods I use for cooking rn in Sims 4.

I started with Grannies Cookbook, bc someone commented on an old thread of mine where I wanted the sims to make a way for us to have favorite recipes, and family recipes that we pass down in a cookbook. And also for that cookbook to make finding recipes easier bc it sucks now, and that helpful person said a modded out there had made something very similar so I rushed over to LBB and almost cried from happiness. While there I also found Insimnia Eats and I had those two in my game only. Then I added LittleMsSam delivery, and S&S cooking mod, and I believe the name is SrySlys cooking overhaul. Plus a bunch of appliance mini mods like a pressure cooker, and cupcakes being made either in the oven or a small appliance on the counter.

Managing these mods can be a bit hard, there are more out there but they don’t all mix, getting one could break the others. In some cases it’s just 1 small mod from an otherwise safe creator that will break the other mod and shut everything down. And that’s just the cooking mods. But they serve a very real and fulfilling purpose. Making the game fun, easier, and giving my sims better looking food.

I noticed right away that there was a cookbook in the background on a stand behind the gurus/creators of the pack. It looks a lot like te ones modders make, which makes me wonder if this is the official version of something like the item I and so many others obviously wanted for so long? And if so if this will work well with all the mods? Will our modded cookbooks be able to be recognized as such in game? If this does well, I can only imagine how awesome our mods would get. I know some mods mentioned already trying to filter dietary restrictions but it wasn’t in BG, now it will be.

This seems like a pack for a range of people, but definitely the foodies. The console players who can’t mod will get a better experience. PC players who don’t want to mod, and have been sick of the cooking experience thus far will also see an improvement. And possibly pure speculation, which is why I’m posting it here, the PC foodies who love their cooking mods will not only be actually able to use BG/etc recipes when they want to, but their mods might be able work better with the game bc it’s finally catching up. And since the update is to BG that part isn’t behind a pay barrier.

quote="LSM36;c-18309541"]I’m very glad to see stuff packs come back. Actual gameplay items plus BG updates. 😍Plus this one seems to just be an extrapolation of several cooking mods made in game official. I saw the cookbook on the counter, something I personally wanted years ago and several modders went on to make extremely well. Freed cupcakes, also a mod. Even the organized recipes is a mod. But this way even console players finally get these things. And pc players can remove extra mods/ modders can (myb not sure how modding works) pare down their mods to take out the bits that aren’t needed anymore and have it work with the new updates. The mod cookbooks could be recognized as actual cookbooks not just appliances. Maybe whatever foods we make with them can be used in whatever new systems of making money were mentioned in that behind the sims summit.

Plus since it’s a stuff pack you get more cool stuff than you’d get in those kits. That whisk jewelry was cute. So was the jumpsuit. To be fair I own every single cooking themed sims content for sims 4, and a bunch of the sims 3 stuff. This was my bag from the beginning. Hence all the cooking mods, and previous posts begging for overhauls etc. At first I thought it was like a cool kitchen stuff refresh, but I’ll admit we’ve only seen a little of what is actually in this pack separate from the update and I’d buy it anyway.[/quote