Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How to stop mourning post cheat removal?

Every time a random sim dies somewhere, my playable family is struck with 2 days of deep sadness (sometimes stacked multiple times!).

It says mourning at a tombstone would help, but there are no tombstone for townies. Performing myriad activities to reduce sadness seems temporary and barely makes a dent.

Previously, it seems like Sims.remove_all_buffs would remove the moodlet, but that cheat has since been intentionally removed. (I haven't played much since that patch so just found out.) As the town grows in size and more die, isn't this going to become untenable? They are just totally emo all the time!

Is there no other choice than to wait it out?

ETA: Cheating needs to Make All Happy kind of helps, temporarily, after the initial most intense buff period (and not if more than one dies in rapid succession). But it's not great to have to update all needs when I just want to remove one moodlet.
  • I have the UI extension mod and I just right click the bad moodlet and poof :)
  • I use both those mods, one for more appropriate mourn buff and the UI cheats. I couldn't deal with the constant sadness from mourning over sims they bumped into once at a club 3 weeks ago.
  • You don't really need a cheat, there is a potion that solves all the negative moodlets in the reward store.
  • "SiliClone;c-16687320" wrote:
    You don't really need a cheat, there is a potion that solves all the negative moodlets in the reward store.

True enough but who wants to keep wasting points on that though
  • This is the link for the UI extension mod, which does still support right-click to remove a moodlet: http://modthesims.info/d/558548

It's frustrating that so many cheats were removed from simple text entry as I'm not super keen to run arbitrary extensions, but this package seems well supported. Thanks.
  • Twisted Mexi created a mod that will reenable all the disabled cheats.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/cheats-fix-get-19645059
  • There's a mod on Mod The Sims called Balanced Death Moodlets. It alters the duration for the sad moodlet that your sims get when someone they know dies, the duration will be different based on what type of relationship your sims had with that sim. I used to use it before Seasons came out, but since June, I started a new save, sorted my Mods folder and I haven't had the occasion to put it back (and I'm playing with aging on for active household so I don't need it). Here you go, it's a very good and to me necessary mod if you play with aging on, your sims shouldn't be sad about the death of random strangers anymore: http://modthesims.info/d/615431
  • "SiliClone;c-16687320" wrote:
    You don't really need a cheat, there is a potion that solves all the negative moodlets in the reward store.

Huh :o , I never knew that! Been playing since the game launched and I think I can count on one hand how many times I bought potions in the reward store, I guess I should try out all of them at least once.