Forum Discussion

LaBlue0314
Rising Scout
5 years ago

I found a mention of Sims 5

I was looking up some information about the upcoming Xbox X series and was curious about a list of games that will be for it, and they mentioned Sims 5. Here is the link to the article from IGN.
https://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-series-x/Xbox_Series_X_List_of_Games_-_Rumored_and_Confirmed#List_of_Rumored_Series_X_Games
  • If there comes a Sims 5, I have some serious questions about the multi-player stuff. For example, how's it going to work when you have less packs than others? Can you then not see certain items or not play together? Also, for the CC lovers, how's interacting with people who don't use CC going to function?

Also, why change to 5 when there's still so much we haven't had in Sims 4?
  • they say early 2021 for the sims5 so this means if i go by probalilaty 99% chance its true unless they had a possible delay here the link https://realsport101.com/sims/the-sims-5-ea-play-to-reveal-new-details-on-the-upcoming-game-release-date-online-features-graphics/ question better or worsen the game i clearly went minus the gallery the sims5 to remain offline so now the time to act https://realsport101.com/sims/sims5/the-sims-5-online-new-features-multiplayer-plot-details-release-date-graphics/
    Loanet
    Rising Scout
    I'm waiting for the Livestream but I'm still excited for Eco Lifestyle.

Y'know, I'm wondering if pollution will have an effect on how your seasons appear in-game.
  • "ClarionOfJoy;c-17499251" wrote:
    "Cinebar;c-17498250" wrote:
    "ClarionOfJoy;c-17497851" wrote:
    "ladybugjosie23;c-17497179" wrote:
    "SAEldarin;c-17496908" wrote:
    Thanks @Scobre for your reply.

If what TS5 holds are true microtransactions vs. a TS3-type store, then, for me, that would be a disappointment to say the least. I saw the TS3 store as providing some decent content that added to the game, while I see true microtransactions as almost required in order to fully experience the game itself.

I did, however, grow frustrated with the TS3 store too, because there's just no way to afford (or rationalize to pay) that much money for content (good as much of it was imo); it was very expensive. I guess one could say the same in relation to all of the packs, but the sheer amount of stuff on the TS3 store and how they'd charge for new worlds, themed sets, clothing bundles, objects with new gameplay and animations, made adding cool content cost-prohibitive.

I do get that the game company can make a ton more money that way though.

I felt one also had to buy the store stuff often to get the full details of the game, and i hated that you had to get the points so if you wanted one item you either had left over ones or not enough and then you had left overs and all that... yes worlds, themes, special clothing... like the venice world, or the farming things, or cafees or bakery or the wedding pack and all that... and so many new gameplay things and animations... like they had the island with all those spa things in the store...

That's not true. There's nothing at the Sims 3 Store that you would need to get the full details of the game. All the gameplay that you'll ever need come from basegame and the EPs. You don't even need the stuff packs!

Tell me which items in the Sims 3 Store that you think you need to get the full details of the game as the things that you already mentioned are not required to get the full gameplay.

Plus you can just get free CCs and mods from the exchange or other websites. A lot of it is just as good or better than what you find at the Sims 3 Store.

Also, people who hate the store never mention that you can get most of those things on sale. I've never had to pay full price for any of the things I bought from there. I've got most everything from the Daily Deals (up to 70%) and Make-A-Deal (bought only things that were 40% or higher). There's also gift giving and giveaways.

If you don't like it fine, but don't make up stuff about it that isn't true to try to discourage people from shopping there.

-=<*>=-

One of the things I most often see in the TS4 crowd is that they will buy a whole EP, GP or SP even though they don't want them because they saw one or a few things from it that they want. That I think is worse than the Sims 3 Store, because at least you can buy what you want specifically from the Sims 3 store and it won't cost as much as buying a whole pack like in TS4.

I really hated the TS3 Store, monetizing things I felt belonged in EPs or stuff packs. But with that said, I didn't mind when I was gifted things on my wish lists..ROFL, and or when I was able to get a daily deal and or when I gifted someone else something they wanted. I just didn't like the arguments that it wasn't 'real' money if you spent Simpoints....uh, I still had to buy those at $20 a pop. So, yeah, the store has some bad elements of kachinging the public and some actual deals and ways to get stuff for free (watch ads) and generious players who had left over Simpoints. By the time TS3 ended, I don't think I hated the idea of store as much as I did when it was first implemented. Even I threw some mad money at it. :D But what you say is true, cc in some cases is even better and never from a paysite.

The way I see it, they made A LOT of stuff for TS3 - I think more than for any other iteration. So much so, that if they did add those things to the EPs, the EPs would have cost a whole lot more. There would also be many more stuff packs! So I think the Sims 3 Store was a good idea, because you're given the choice of buying one, a few, or a whole set if you wish. I agree that without the sales, those things can be pretty pricey, but it just needs a lot of patience to wait for the things you want to go on sale. On top of that, people should also watch for when simpoints go on sale - it doesn't occur very often, but those are a great deal when they're on!

There are some mods too that can be used instead of things from the store. There are some pretty great mods that you can use instead of the Sims 3 Store bakery set for example. I use Ani's mod, Produce Stand, which can sell anything, including meals and desserts. I also love Icemunmun's dessert mods that allows you to bake a whole lot of baked goods.

And unlike what someone else said, no one really NEEDED the things from the Sims 3 Store. While I was waiting for the things I wanted to go on sale, I was still playing TS3 with what the game already had and still having a ton of fun - I didn't stop playing it or having less fun just because I didn't have the things I wanted from the store.

-=<*>=-

Also, when TS2 came out, did you ever buy anything from the Sims 2 Store? That was when digital stores for digital items were still new. I was too afraid to buy anything from that at the time. Did you?

No. I didn't want anything to do with the TS2 store (when it first started it was a good idea because it offered objects you could get if you didn't own a particular EP or stuff pack) but they went ahead and started making content we didn't have in an EP or SP and I was totally against that buggy comp packs that were known as TS2 Store Edition (game). Buggy beyond any cd of the base or eps.