Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
2 months ago

I'm Totatlly Bumfuzzled, What Is Going On?

Aaron was taught how to ride is bike by his father. When Erik aged up, his father ignored his requests for help. 😣 Next thing I know Joey is taught how to ride a bike while the nanny instructs Brianna. Erik asks again for help. His father (even when I transport him to the side yard where Erik is) walks away.  At one point Erik walked away before his father got there. There was something rather odd and suspicious about Erik's gait, however. Slow, stodgy. I was thinking, are you about to go walk through the large stone edging on the house, too?  I paused the game and clicked on Erik and selected debug.

I had thought this was a mod issue, as neither parent was willing to help either child ride a bike. But then Aaron was taught.  And Joey was taught. All the while Erik sits with that milestone unfulfilled. Obviously, it's not a mod, or the others would not have been taught. 

All I can say is I'm totally bumfuzzled and have no clue as to just what is going on.

jpkarlsen
    New Adventurer

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save.
    If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken

GalacticGal
      Seasoned Ace

I'll give that a try. I also have Better Exceptions, and have removed mods that it caught. As far as the other mods, they are updated already. But, not one to be too stubborn, I will give this a try. If Erik learns how to ride his bike, I will be grateful. Poor kid. And thanks.

• Try bringing both parent and child out to where the bike is, make sure there is plenty of space around, then let the parent be the one to initiate the activity. That usually works for me when it bugs out. 

And if nothing work and the parents really just don't want the kid to learn how to ride a bike, kids can teach themselves so no need for the milestone to go unfulfilled.