Forum Discussion

Ziafar
Seasoned Traveler
2 years ago

Infants and restaurants

Can you bring them to restaurants?
    SheriSim
    Rising Adventurer
    I haven’t tried it, but if I did, I would make sure I had some high chairs to put them in and make sure they are well fed and have slept before leaving to a restaurant.
  • I never tried, but I would be surprised if the restaurant menu includes food for infants. So, although you could bring them, there's not a point of having them seated, technically. As a challenge or for realistic chaos, though, pls report how it turned out :)
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    I don't know, but knowing how it works with toddlers, I'd say no.

When you travel to the restaurant and bring a toddler with you, you'll get a message that toddlers aren't allowed to restaurants and they are immediately sent home. You can bring them to lot from the sim selection, but they can't be seated and will require a high chair.
    So based on this knowledge, I make a guess that it would be same with infants too.

Perhaps the support would be added with Dine Out refresh, but for now, no.
    Ziafar
    Seasoned Traveler
    Well, I am still going to try. I will let you know how it goes.
    Reddestiny921
    Seasoned Vanguard
    I took my infant to this little kid place for her birthday I built, it said it sent her to daycare but she stayed with the family which could have been glitched but I would say make sure there is a crib on the lot somewhere that might help.
    Ziafar
    Seasoned Traveler
    I will try that and tell you if your theory works
    janyses
    Seasoned Spectator
    Yes, you can bring them. Toddlers, too. It's just a little finicky because if you bring a group, they won't be selected so you'll have to re-add everyone to the group prior to ordering.

Unsure if this is due to inviting more than 8 sims, or to having infants/toddlers in the group...
  • "The Travel Crib Gordian" (BG) can be put into a sims inventory. Place it anywhere then put the infant in it. You can add highchairs to a restaurant. An infant can sit in a highchair once the Lift Head milestone is achieved. Without Growing Together installed, there are no milestones so you wouldn't have to worry about that. If the infant is sent to daycare then arrive at the lot with the family and then click on the portrait to bring them there.

I've never tried it myself but in theory this should work.