Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Interested

I'm having a hard time getting interested, i just keep making new saves...ugh
  • @Wispye that's ok, pretty much everyone here gets that way.

Have you tried any of the scenarios? Or you could try one of the many challenges out there. There's all types: legacy, teen runaway, rags to ruches, not so berry (each generation is a different color theme & goals), 100 baby (sim has to have 100 babies plus other goals (I think)) & more.

If none of that interests you then take a break from the game, many simmers do, including me.
  • Playing a challenge worked for me. I never did a challenge before because I'm the story telling Sims player type. Then I started watching James Turner videos on youtube. This motivated me to do the Cottage Living rags to riches challenge. By playing this I got interested in playing my other saves again.
    SheriSim
    Rising Adventurer
    I think everyone gets bored sometimes. I play rotationally though and it helps with that. Also I have a scenario save that helps too.
  • You may want to check out some of the existing threads to get ideas for gameplay.

We have two 'What Happened In Your Game' threads. And there are some awesome story threads and challenges in the Creative Corner section of the forum.

Also the 'Last Screenshot' and 'Favorite Screenshot' threads might provide you with some inspiration.

And if none of that helps you can join us in the Growing Together Positive Thoughts thread and maybe get some gameplay ideas for the new expansion pack releasing in March. ?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1006223/growing-together-positive-thoughts-thread-releasing-march-16/p1

And finally, infants, a new life stage, are also coming in March. So maybe you could use this time to prepare your game for them.
  • "Liebeslottchen;c-18229055" wrote:
    Playing a challenge worked for me. I never did a challenge before because I'm the story telling Sims player type. Then I started watching James Turner videos on youtube. This motivated me to do the Cottage Living rags to riches challenge. By playing this I got interested in playing my other saves again.

Yeah, his LPs are great. But I'll never do the "Every Lot Trait" challenge he did, too crazy lol.
  • Of all the challenges out there, the one that sparked for me is the original Legacy Challenge by Pinstar. Here's a link to his Official page.

https://simslegacychallenge.com/

Playing this style had me able to experience many 'firsts' in the game. I played it for Sims2, 3 and finally in 4. It's a great way to learn things about the game, you may miss otherwise. And, you get points along the way. You play for a total of ten generations (ten being complete upon the birth of the potential heir). And on normal length, too. Review the 'rules' and you'll find your Founder, male or female, has a rough beginning. Your founder has to start on a certain size lot and is left with little money. The Founder's task to to ultimately find a spouse to begin their legacy. It's fun starting out without much. A piece of land to call your own. Taking showers at the local gym, at first. Scrounging for food. I hope you find a way to spark you interest.
  • This is happening to me at the moment. It's basically how I play, has been since I discovered the franchise. I become engrossed with a save for a few weeks, or months, or days, get bored, then play a different concept, or a different game.

At the moment I've even managed to hang on to some saves I've had for months, or a year, but I don't fancy any of them right now. There's one particular save I've been thinking of doing the Strangerville quest with but I don't feel like doing that yet, because I'm not ready to advance those characters (its the save based on the book series I'm writing, so there's a part of me that wants to keep them in limbo).

I've been playing a lot though, so I think a sims break is a good idea right now.
  • I find putting on a Youtube LP, or a Twitch Sims 4 steam while I play really keeps me in the game.

I also do challenges. Right now the Super Sim challenge is my favorite, I used an accompanying spreadsheet to keep track and I honestly love it. So far, I've done everything for toddlers and children, right now working my way through teen years and everything I can complete that way.

I think like a lot of people Sims is either ALL IN, or don't touch it for months! lol.