Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Legacy Edition and Expansion Packs

Hello!
My computer is 32bit and I won't be able to buy a 64bit one for a long while. However, I still would like to buy some Expansion Packs, in fact I already picked certain ones I'd like to get. However, I've read that some EPs are not available for Legacy Edition.
Since I don't want to waste my money, what EPs aren't available for Legacy Edition?
Sorry, if someone already made a thread like this.
  • I downloaded The Sims Legacy, and it deleted every single one of my past files of sims and households.
  • "PennyPizzazz;c-17325933" wrote:
    I downloaded The Sims Legacy, and it deleted every single one of my past files of sims and households.

You should have backed them up, Legacy is essentially an entirely new game.
  • It would have been nice if they had given a waring about backing up one's game file before downloading.
  • "LaBlue0314;c-17326060" wrote:
    It would have been nice if they had given a waring about backing up one's game file before downloading.

You didn’t need a warning for that. You should have always backed up for every update.
  • "PennyPizzazz;c-17325933" wrote:
    I downloaded The Sims Legacy, and it deleted every single one of my past files of sims and households.

Have you seen the discussion about this topic in the general discussions?
    link

On the second page there is a post that explains the legacy edition basically created an entirely new folder for save games in your documents. The old one however should still be on your hard drive. So in documents/electronic arts you should have one sims 4 folder and one sims 4 legacy edition folder.
    I think you can copy the old files in thessaves and tray folder to your new legacy save folder. But I don't know if it matters if you already have new files in your new folder. So hopefully this link will help you to get them back.
  • "karieebo;d-969500" wrote:
    Hello!
    My computer is 32bit and I won't be able to buy a 64bit one for a long while. However, I still would like to buy some Expansion Packs, in fact I already picked certain ones I'd like to get. However, I've read that some EPs are not available for Legacy Edition.
    Since I don't want to waste my money, what EPs aren't available for Legacy Edition?
    Sorry, if someone already made a thread like this.

only I believe the newest EP DU
  • Yes, MadameLee is correct, anything before Discover University will be safe to download for the Legacy Edition.

Here is more information about LE.

What about future Expansions, Stuff Packs, and Game Packs?

You can download and use all previous expansions, stuff packs, and packs before October 2019. Discover University and all releases afterwards will not be supported on Legacy Edition.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-legacy-edition/
  • Ahh crap. Thats exactly what happened to me! I lost some great lots..... :(