Forum Discussion

alan650
New Spectator
6 years ago

Let's talk about the MIX MASTER MUSIC STATION!

How awesome is this music makin' machine???! Why is this not talked about more? What a unique and creative skill for your sim to mess with! I love how you can choose the different instruments and beats that you want to mix and actually burn a song!! It's also amazingly cool how you can eventually have a label that actually plays the songs at venues!! Please tell me why, when they were promoting Get Famous, they didn't have a whole trailer on this music machine?!! All the trailers focused on acting alone when promoting the pack. Get Famous has so much more to offer than just that and it's quickly become my favorite pack next to Seasons! What a surprise gem this pack has been for my game! Anyyywhooo, not to get off topic, but what experience have you guys had with the MIX MASTER MUSIC STATION??!
  • For quite some time I had my Sim using that machine. I've since had to go back several game saves to restart his career. So, he's a teen again. I'm also using the latest RTF mod. This time I'm relying more on those interactions to gain stardom. I haven't yet had him use the mixer to make music. I guess I got burnt out. Besides, this way he doesn't get hooked up with the annoying Dinky Beats or New Tastemakers (that should be renamed Taskmasters) and being fired because he was busy writing, recording and performing his music. :open_mouth:
  • I've only tested the mixer briefly, not yet checked all its potential. But I'm glad we got ot, as I had a few sims working as DJs (with practically no income), but when they combine it with this mixer, it actually gets like a real job. Technically the sounds sound cool, but I assume it might get mote advanced with higher skills. Can't wait to explore it!
  • It's cool, but having played around with it a bit more on pop star Sims, the Music Station unfortunately isn't very deep. I felt that the Views Station, by contrast, was much more fleshed out. You can only release individual tracks, not anything longer like EPs or studio albums, and if you're signed, you have to constantly pump out singles or your label will drop you. The synergy with DJ Mixing isn't that great IMO. I think the concept the Music Station embodied would have been better executed as a properly fleshed out career track with Artiste and DJ instead of a... well, half-baked furniture item.
    alan650
    New Spectator
    "Acidus;c-16998824" wrote:
    It's cool, but having played around with it a bit more on pop star Sims, the Music Station unfortunately isn't very deep. I felt that the Views Station, by contrast, was much more fleshed out. You can only release individual tracks, not anything longer like EPs or studio albums, and if you're signed, you have to constantly pump out singles or your label will drop you. The synergy with DJ Mixing isn't that great IMO. I think the concept the Music Station embodied would have been better executed as a properly fleshed out career track with Artiste and DJ instead of a... well, half-baked furniture item.

I know you can unlock more beats and sounds as you get higher in skill. I am still at level one. Considering sims isn't a music making game I already satisfied with amount of depth.
  • Is there anyway to see the quality of the track before burning. My sim just completed the skill and made a poor track all in the same action.
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Stayc615;c-17182871" wrote:
    Is there anyway to see the quality of the track before burning. My sim just completed the skill and made a poor track all in the same action.

Its usually poor quality if you don't use all the remix options.