Forum Discussion

WolvesCreek
New Spectator
4 years ago

Lifestyles and sentiments should be BASE GAME - not expansion locked

I believe its a horrible mistake the newly announced "lifestyles and sentiment" feature is locked behind owning this expansion and a big error in judgement from a developers point of view for the game.

Lifestyles and sentiment per described as:

"Unlock new personality and relationship effects with the introduction of Lifestyles and Sentiments. Lifestyles manifest in response to your Sim’s actions and habits, changing their behaviours appropriately. Similarly, shared experiences inspire Sentiments and have a lasting impact on Sims’ relationships to each other, affecting their social interactions.

This should be BASE GAME BEHAVIOR, at the moment sims have NO PERSONALITY in the base game and simply ruled by their emotions. There is nothing to define them other than they way they look and dress (talk about shallow).

By locking this feature behind an expansion, developers limit its functionality away from a core feature that it truly should be for the sims 4.

As a basegame feature update, it would allow for deeper development and inclusion with base game coding and deeper inclusion for all future packs and updates.

For example could you imagine if they made emotions an expansion pack feature? Think how that would effect the game as a whole and I believe by locking "lifestyles and sentiments" aka "personalities" behind an expansion pack they are doing that very thing.

Not only that but as an expansion feature no further development or support will be given to personalities which are so core to the human experience (and what is the sims but a life simulator).

I think Maxis needs to change this choice immediately and re-examine what it means to be human, not a bullet point feature for an expansion pack that many people won't buy.

ALL Sims 4 players should have this as a base game feature and from a developers point of view...like seriously?