Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Make Neighborhoods Bigger!

This is something I've noticed and it's been bothering me a lot recently.

In one of the neighborhoods in Windenburg there's a total of 8 lots in that one neighborhood, that's double the amount that's in pretty much every other neighborhood. (Usually they have 4 or 5)

https://tokutaiwan.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/windenburg_part1.jpg?w=768
(not my screenshot, but this is the neighborhood)

The game runs perfectly fine in this neighborhood with 8 lots even on my low end PC so why don't they make bigger neighborhoods in general? We know it works fine within the games framework and all of the neighborhoods are seperate instances so there's no reason why they can't put this many lots in other neighborhoods.

It would be completely viable for them to put 8 lots in each neighborhood, stretch the playable area a bit, add a few rabbit holes and a fake park and it would heavily improve the playability of the game and make it feel less closed off. It would work fine within the game as we've seen through the Windenburg neighborhood which plays fine with 8 lots and other neighborhoods which have a large playable area work fine. So why don't they? It would make a huge difference if they did this in all of the worlds rather than sticking to 4 lots.