Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Make Part-time jobs available for YA, Adults & Elders!

I hate how part-time jobs are only available for teens.
Please, make it available for Young Adults-Elders as well! In Sims 3 it was possible...
Just imagine the story of having a painter that earns money by selling paintings, but also works as a Fast Food Employee!

What do you think?
  • Agreed! The more options the better. I don't like these game play restrictions! Let me decide what I want for my sims.

Also I wish it was needed some kind of preparation before getting a job. I guess like auditions work in Get Famous. I mean, who gets a job with just one phone call nowadays? Lol
  • "FreezerBunnyCowplant;d-951525" wrote:

I hate how part-time jobs are only available for teens.
    Please, make it available for Young Adults-Elders as well! In Sims 3 it was possible...
    Just imagine the story of having a painter that earns money by selling paintings, but also works as a Fast Food Employee!

What do you think?

It makes sense as many adults do work those type of part-time jobs in real life. Btw, I also wanted one my Sims to work as Musician and work temporarily as a Barista part-time so they could do more gigs and earn extra cash.
    anthonydyer
    Seasoned Traveler
    I've been pushing for this also. It should be a rather easy change to implement.
    anthonydyer
    Seasoned Traveler
    "bixters;c-16858795" wrote:
    I'd definitely want this. It's much more realistic in today's world, especially in the US, where the number of full-time jobs has declined, and most people I know work 1-3 part time jobs at same time, as well as doing side gigs. It's depressing, but that's the reality today :/

Good thing Simnation has a very strong economy and you can get a job by request. B)
  • "luthienrising;c-16843989" wrote:
    I'd like part-time jobs that are custom-made for adults, not just the Teen jobs available to them. The hours for Teen jobs are built around school.

Maybe Young Adults and up would have to work more hours in these part-time jobs; or they would keep the same schedule and have to have another alternative way of income, like painting paintings and selling them or growing harvestables. There are so many ways to earn extra Simoleons!
  • @MadameLee IKR, being a police officer is a 24HR a day role and itd be nice if the detective career highlighted that. much like DRs i think those types of careers should have rotating shifts of mornings, days nights and should have the option to also be called in for emergency shifts like in sims 3
    Sigzy_29
    New Spectator
    "luthienrising;c-16843989" wrote:
    I'd like part-time jobs that are custom-made for adults, not just the Teen jobs available to them. The hours for Teen jobs are built around school.

Agreed!
  • "NorthDakotaGamer;c-16859804" wrote:
    They could have the same part time jobs, just different hours, like my IRL self. I just started a part time retail job during when my teen and children are in school. The YA and older could have the same options (and maybe more) with different hours. So, a teen having a part time job could switch shifts when they age up to YA.

That's a great idea and the most easy to implement (I think)! :)
  • Part-time jobs for Young Adults-Elders would be especially needed in a University pack; Some YA Sims might need to work to finance their studies and can't work in a full-time job. So part-time jobs would actually come in handy, but they're Teen-only right now
  • Nah, I like how it is currently. You can always own a vet clinic, a retail store, or a restaurant and work them part time.