Forum Discussion

DeepPurpIe
Rising Rookie
12 months ago

Mannequins, a hack

It's my understanding that mannequins can only be used in stores owned by Sims after which you can select and dress them by entering into CAS. But wouldn't they be just as valuable as decoration in stores not owned by Sims? In shops in general? Does anyone know if theres a hack that would allow you to dress them no matter where they are?
    Kyr0e
    New Spectator
    Unfortunately there isn't. You'd have to first own the place (as a store or home), dress them, then move out/sell it.

Spoiler

I felt the same regarding their potential.
    https://i.imgur.com/qU4Ogzm.png
  • @DeadFishy What I usually do is make a sim just for this purpose. I move them into a house, cheat their money, and have them buy the store. I have them dress the mannequins, then I have them sell the store. That way the mannequins will be dressed, while not having to restock the store constantly. If you're on PC and open to using mods, there's this mod by littlemssam that allows, among other things, dressing mannequins as a customer.
  • I use mannequins as decor alot, the trick is to save them when dressed as mentioned, but it works even without a retail lot.
    You dress a mannequin with a sim and then save them as a room (just make a very small room just for the mannequin and save that), you can now place that room on any lot in bb and the mannequin will stay dressed, even if you move it.
    I made a couple of "statues" this way.
    Only thing to keep in mind is that the mannequin will only show as dressed if the lot its on is the active lot.
  • "ValravnWitch;c-18312380" wrote:
    I use mannequins as decor alot, the trick is to save them when dressed as mentioned, but it works even without a retail lot.
    You dress a mannequin with a sim and then save them as a room (just make a very small room just for the mannequin and save that), you can now place that room on any lot in bb and the mannequin will stay dressed, even if you move it.
    I made a couple of "statues" this way.
    Only thing to keep in mind is that the mannequin will only show as dressed if the lot its on is the active lot.

That’s genius! Will keep this noted for the future
  • Some of my Sims have used the mannequins to proudly display their Secret Society regalia from college, or their film costumes.

I don't know why it never occurred to me to add a costumes exhibit to the Plumbob Pictures Museum, but now I want to figure out how I'm going to make that happen.
  • "MrPlumbob;c-18312371" wrote:
    @DeadFishy What I usually do is make a sim just for this purpose. I move them into a house, cheat their money, and have them buy the store. I have them dress the mannequins, then I have them sell the store. That way the mannequins will be dressed, while not having to restock the store constantly. If you're on PC and open to using mods, there's this mod by littlemssam that allows, among other things, dressing mannequins as a customer.

I’m on a Mac but I would totally be into that!!

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,028 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago