Forum Discussion

SproutLee
New Spectator
9 months ago

More Customization for City Living Apartments

I was wondering today why we got the ability to change the windows, but not the doors or move around the special objects that some apartments come with. Those are just as limiting as being unable to move the windows beforehand, so why not give us the ability to move everything and change the front door to what we want?
Also, would it be too bad to let us change the common areas?
  • This is also aggravating to me. There should also be a functional fire escape for travel and other gameplay interactions. Like what if you wanted apartments to be OTG compatible? Your sim would not be able to leave because they can only exit via an elevator. And how come you can't open windows and just watch the skyline?
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    "crazycat_135;d-1012264" wrote:
    I was wondering today why we got the ability to change the windows, but not the doors or move around the special objects that some apartments come with. Those are just as limiting as being unable to move the windows beforehand, so why not give us the ability to move everything and change the front door to what we want?
    Also, would it be too bad to let us change the common areas?

Those special objects are tied to the special lot trait we can't remove. For example the needs TLC lot trait needs the fuse box and mouse holes for its gameplay. The fireplace in some apartments or the wall plaques also have special functions.

I have heard that those objects can be destroyed with the destroy objects cheat if you want to get rid of them. But then the lot trait won't do much anymore. No idea if it is a smart thing to do so, it's at your own risk.

But it would be nice if we could change or edit these special items. Especially the needs TLC stuff is annoying.