Forum Discussion

6 years ago

More toddler/child CAS options: Ideas needed!

Having recently gotten into sims design, mainly legacy makers and sims for story purpose, it’s infuriating trying to accurately dress everyone because CAS is so incredibly lacking in the clothes and hair department, the men’s department also! But today I want to raise awareness to our sims offspring and their lack of ability to wear whatever they like.

Now I understand the sims team can only do so much in the given time, however I don’t understand how it gives them reason to neglect certain areas of the sims 4! We already have issues with clothing and designing our male sims, the gender update only goes so far as to lend us extra clothing options for them, not to mention the few hair options we have to sift through, crossing our fingers in hope we find something close to what our brains have in mind for that sim.

The same is very much the same for toddler and child sims.

Today I want to discuss clothing options for the younger generations! Hair also!

This can also apply to all generation and gender or lack there of, for sims, but as a sims designer, I speak on behalf of myself and others, asking the question “can we have more options?”

However, also speaking on behalf of those with no idea how to post images in the comments or make them work properly, I ask for fellow simmers to offer input, ideas and their skill at forum posts to aid our demand for more CAS options! Hopefully giving the gurus visual examples will help them dish out new content faster or at least ensure they have a good guess at what we want!

Sorry for spamming the threads I’m advance! Never been good at this whole feedback thing.

Have a nice day! Sul Sul
  • You're totally right. It's irritating that the team neglects toddlers so much, especially considering that they were added to the game so late, meaning they have dramatically less stuff than the other ages. If anything they should be adding more for toddlers than the other ages groups with each release to get them caught up, but they do the opposite. Most packs they only get like 1 or 2 things. Even in Parenthood (a pack they claimed focused on the younger life stages) toddlers only got like 3 CAS items. And it's sad that kids aren't treated much better.

As for giving examples, honestly, all the team needs to do is just Google or Pinterest search "hairstyles for toddlers/kids" and they will get plenty of material they can work with. It's not hard at all, I feel like they just don't care enough to do it :/

Here's a bunch of little girl hairs from one search.
    pinterest.com/pin/463800461607955889/?lp=true
  • My biggest gripe is that we still can't give Children and Toddlers unnatural hair colors. It's so annoying when I'm playing sims with odd hair colors and they have a kid...and they come out blonde. All the time, blonde. Enough is enough. If they were just to fix that, I'd be happy.
  • To be honest, the limited hair colours for toddlers and children are my biggest issue regarding CAS options for them. Why can I give them a blue skintone but not purple hair? I wish we could have more hair colour options for the little ones. :)
  • The only cc in my game is genetic unnatural hair colors for toddlers and children. So I would also like this to be added to the game. Kids should be able inherit their parents unnatural hair colors along with the unnatural skin color.

And more clothing options would be nice. A few more costumes like princess dresses for little girls are also on my whish list.
  • i so fully agree with this sims kids toddlers needs more options in term of clothes and hair plus if your in create a sim would be nice if you play with genetics if the sims child or toddler hair match the paren sim hair color like for exemple if the parent sims have golden blond hair sim child or toddler should have golden blond hair and not end up with red hair or black hair or brown hair but same hair color as the parent sim.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,103 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago