Forum Discussion

pandacookiesims
Rising Scout
8 months ago

More UI options

The phone menu is the base of UI interactions for players, followed by the computer. That's how it's been and it's compatible with general gameplay for the sims. However, I like the idea of having alternatives, especially for the realism that some players desire for challenges. If you are doing a historical gameplay or rags to riches challenge, being able to easily performs certain actions via the phone menu breaks the immersion into that theme/challenge. Especially, when the sim or NPCs are walking down the street using their phone. Sims are always pulling out their phone in the middle of actions and it's annoying. I'd like to see landline and payphone UI options, more UI interactions available on community boards and the CL apartment board, as well as the mailbox. And I'd like to see alternatives available for historical gameplay such as: post office interactive shell, telegraph machine, and off the grid typewriter (one that you can't play video games on). And the option to disable and hide the phone menu UI. I mean, if you are trying to play a medieval generations challenge, you either have to put all lots on off the grid challenge to disable autonomous phone use or use mods. I like that eco living, cottage living, and horse ranch have gameplay centered around the community boards, because it means sims aren't on their phone or computer. When I saw the red phone booth in cottage living, I was glad, until I realized it had no interactions and was decor only. EA has put some decent interactive shells in their packs and it allows sims to get out of the house and in their neighborhoods. I'd be nice to see more interactive shells with more detailed interactions.
No RepliesBe the first to reply