Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Negative Traits

The Sims 4 seriously lacks in traits that makes Sims unique, but more so in negative traits. In fact, with negative traits, we've got about four total- evil, mean-spirited, dislikes children (if that even counts) and maybe jealous. Still, most of these traits... don’t really do anything. Jealous makes your Sims insecure, at best. Evil and mean spirited sims will be unpleasant at times, but they’ll quickly go to having a friendly conversation with Sims.

I’ve always enjoyed having downright mean Sims, or Sims that have a fair mix of pleasant and unpleasant traits, and I think The Sims 3 did this well. Mean spirited sims went out of their way to be rude to anyone and hotheaded Sims had random explosions of anger. Evil sims took downright pleasure from other Sims suffering. Loser sims struggled in everything and cried about everything. Personally, I think even neurotic was a well done trait that resembled OCD pretty well, although downplayed in a silly, harmless way that the Sims always does things.

Still, I’d like to see traits that make your Sims a little different or a little more difficult to play with. The Sims 4 feels like it’s all rainbows and sunshine in a lot of aspects, but especially this. I want Sims who are just unlucky and struggle with everything in love. I want evil Sims who take sadistic enjoyment from stealing candy from toddlers and making everyone around them miserable. I want Sims who feel like they have to double, triple check stoves and sinks to make sure they’re still off. Grumpy sims who just can’t see the pleasure or light in anything or hot headed Sims who can’t control their temper. I want traits that make things unique, different or harder in The Sims 4. What do you guys think?

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,116 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago