Forum Discussion

eliselove1
New Novice
2 years ago

No romantic interest

So my sim met an NPC (I believe he's one as his job says he's a vendor) So I moved him in as a roommate and whilst getting to know him, he said he wasn't romantically interested in my sim. So I thought he might be gay.
I cannot go any further than asking him his romantic/woohoo interest. I've moved him in and changed his traits, looked at his profile and it says under romantic etc 'No one'.
Is this the case because he's an NPC? Or is this a bug and can I fix it?
  • I eventually found out how to change the preferences etc in CAS. I did make him an identical brother and started dating him but since changing his preferences, I've ditched the brother haha!
    EmmaVane
    Rising Hotshot
    This is a bug.

Apparently, after a player-initiated same-sex relationship has happened, the game is supposed to make most sims straight and some sims gay/bi/ace/aro.

However, until that happens the percentages are borked and it actually does the opposite, making the majority aro/ace. By default all sims were meant to be pan.

This post explains:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Townies-with-no-Sexual-Orientation-at-all/m-p/11735371#M228240

Might also want to navigate to page 1 and Me Too it.

Workaround:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Townies-with-no-Sexual-Orientation-at-all/m-p/11736365#M228267

Or you can use my method and roll their prefs via a dice app whenever you make over your townies. You lose the surprise a little that way, unless you have terrible memory like me.
  • Interesting. I’m curious as to why. Are you able to check what his sexual orientation is set under? If he’s gay with no romantic exploring then that’s probably why
  • That's it, it says no to romantic exploration. Forgot to check what his preference was. Anyway I can make him say yes to romantic exploration? I've tried all sorts!
    dkk1327
    New Spectator
    I think there is an option for it where you set the preferences in the editor; at least I remember changing this for mailcarrier NPCs because they were auto in not being interested in anything.

Edit: And if there is no option I think it auto happened once you selected that the character is interested in man or women or both
  • This is driving me crazy. Every man, except Don, doesn't want a romantic relationship with her. Don is her soulmate, but I don't want her marrying Don!