Forum Discussion

Moridhus
New Spectator
3 years ago

NOT happy with today's update

First of all, why did they change the phones? My sim tries to call somebody, and it's like "WHAT?" Does changing the phone layout actually improve gameplay somehow, or did somebody just do this because they were bored of the old phones? I really don't like having to learn a new layout just because somebody wanted to get creative.

Then I noticed needs acting funny. One of the kids would just start getting hungry, and suddenly he'd be starving and I'd get a message that he might get taken away if he's not fed. Did they just skip through the yellow and orange phases real quickly? And why am I getting this message on a school age child? Those messages are supposed to be for babies and toddlers, not kids who can go in the fridge and get their own food!

More importantly, the new update is messing up my game! I logged in a city family, and played them for a couple hours--helping the younger boys get straight As and finish the mental aspiration so they could age up to teens. I'm almost ready to age them up, when one suddenly disappears! He didn't die, and I didn't get any messages about him being adopted into a new home. He just disappeared. (Although the blanket in his bed was still propped up, as if an invisible boy was sleeping in it.

Then I looked on his twin brother's friend list, and he was still on there as his best friend. (He was NOT on his sister's list though! She was just talking to him a little bit earlier, and now she doesn't even know him???) So I have his twin brother call him and invite him over, and get a message that he's coming. I see him in the apartment, but the brother who called him over isn't there. I suddenly realised that when I looked more closely, the boy that is not listed as a member of the household is the one that was in the apartment! (They look alike from a distance, because they have matching school uniforms and short hair, but they have differnt skin colors.) So the game got their names wrong? I tried getting the mom to click on him, so she could invite him into the household, but she couldn't click on him.

I figured it must be glitching, so I logged out to check CAS. I waited forever for CAS to load the photos of the households, because the one household I was playing would NOT load. So I clicked on it without waiting for the photo, and a stranger was in there by himself. I went out and tried again, and now a different stranger was there. I moved them to unplayed houses, and back into played houses, and nothing worked. I clicked on the apartment they were living on, and they were gone, but one of my other characters was living there by herself. When I went back later (after moving them to unplayed and back to played households) one of the other households in the same building was in there. They had 2 apartments!

Finally I decided to leave the entire game, because it had to be glitch. I waited a little while and loaded the game back on. I saw the family's photo (missing the one boy) when the game loaded, but the apartment was EMPTY! I looked at CAS, and they were NOT in played households. I looked in unplayed households, and they were NOT there EITHER ! The game culled the entire family!!!

Fortunately I have them in the gallery, but all that work they did to prepare to age up is wasted.

I think I'm gonna have to lay off the Sims for a few days until they fix the bugs in today's update. I'm worried that the game might cull any household I play.