Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Off the grid and solar panels

So if I am off the grid I can't use solar panels to make my own electricity.
    Joanne_Snow
    Rising Traveler
    "crocobaura;c-17529676" wrote:
    I read that it also depends on whether the weather is sunny or cloudy. And you need to save the energy they generate so that you can use it at night time.

Honestly, mermaids have never been more powerful than now. ?
    Joanne_Snow
    Rising Traveler
    "Celticgamer0;c-17533297" wrote:
    "SimTrippy;c-17533212" wrote:
    I read that it also depends on whether the weather is sunny or cloudy. And you need to save the energy they generate so that you can use it at night time.

I hadn't thought of that! :astonished:

Haha :D I've been playing with a lot of mermaids lately - mostly because, as it turns out, sim-mermaid couples never have normal sim babies, only mermaids (...is that just me)? But funnily enough, I have never used their power to call for clear skies or a good rainstorm more than I do now - but it took me thinking "pff when will it rain again in Sulani" at least 3 times before my brain realized that my mermaids can always make it rain :D
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    My eco-warrior is going to scout for a mermaid-girlfriend ASAP!
  • "JACKIEJOY;c-17529671" wrote:
    Yes you can but it is slow. 3 panels seemed to give enough juice to cook one meal. That was the same day I put them up.

Ok thanks. so it's not put them up and instant power it's put them up and wait a bit.
  • I read that it also depends on whether the weather is sunny or cloudy. And you need to save the energy they generate so that you can use it at night time.
  • Hi All, I posted this question in the mod section, but think it is better asked here:
    I have the Sigma1202 Functional Solar Panels & Water Heater Mod
    https://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/1/0/0/9/2/1/8/4/MTS_Sigma1202-1867045-Screenshot(106).png
    https://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/1/0/0/9/2/1/8/4/MTS_Sigma1202-1867046-Screenshot(111).png

The mod has been discontinued because of the Eco Lifestyle EP. So, with that mod I was able to restore all of the electricity to my Sims house, to every thing that needed electricity, with 6 solar panels, and also heat the water with 1 water heater. And my sims did not have any bills.

?1. With the Eco Lifestyle EP will it turn on electricity for everything and then my sims have to pay a bill? Or will there be no bills like with the mod?
    2. How many solar panels/wind mills would I have to put down to restore electricity to the entire house?
  • "SimTrippy;c-17533212" wrote:

• "SimTrippy;c-17533937" wrote:
    "Celticgamer0;c-17533297" wrote:
    "SimTrippy;c-17533212" wrote:

Haha :D I've been playing with a lot of mermaids lately - mostly because, as it turns out, sim-mermaid couples never have normal sim babies, only mermaids (...is that just me)? But funnily enough, I have never used their power to call for clear skies or a good rainstorm more than I do now - but it took me thinking "pff when will it rain again in Sulani" at least 3 times before my brain realized that my mermaids can always make it rain :D

Never knew that, but then I never encountered any mermaids in my game yet. They stay well hidden the little devils, everybody I've asked in Sulani looks at me weird and says it's all folks tales. :lol: If I meet them I'll need to make sure not to invite them to any weddings, just in case. :joy:
  • @Chazzzy I wasn't asking about the mod. I mentioned in the post the mod is discontinued

My questions were at the bottom of the post:

?1. With the Eco Lifestyle EP will it turn on electricity for everything and then my sims have to pay a bill? Or will there be no bills like with the mod?
    2. How many solar panels/wind mills would I have to put down to restore electricity to the entire house?

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,111 PostsLatest Activity: 12 minutes ago