Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Parenthood: Gaining Responsibility?

Hey! In my game, it seems like everything I do affects responsibility, but in a negative way? It's not always when I do something that should impact the character values either—I can have kids literally sitting there and watching television, and somehow that's making them irresponsible. It's gotten to the point where I have two toddlers with 100% negative responsibility, without doing much other than babble to their parents (and no, they haven't made a mess yet, this is a brand new save/family). I haven't found anything about it online, and I've read that responsibility is one of the easier values to influence but I'm just... struggling, lol.

Is there a way for me to change this? Is it just because they're toddlers (and therefore, can't be responsible for anything), and do I have to wait until they're children to rectify it? Is this a bug? Any help would be appreciated. I don't have any mods installed, so that can't be the issue.
  • "Sarriaka;c-15799145" wrote:
    "Neia;c-15799143" wrote:
    I know my teens (and presumably children too) gain responsibility when doing their homework

Do you have any insight on toddlers? I'm not up to the child/teen stage yet.

I don't worry too much about toddlers and responsibility -- I start in earnest when they hit childhood with making sure they get their homework done, setting the table and other tasks. I actually saw one of my Sim kids setting the table autonomously when he was playing at my other family's house.
  • "stilljustme2;c-15844613" wrote:

I don't worry too much about toddlers and responsibility -- I start in earnest when they hit childhood with making sure they get their homework done, setting the table and other tasks. I actually saw one of my Sim kids setting the table autonomously when he was playing at my other family's house.

Same here......toddlers don't get enough gain or loss to make much difference.
    EA_Rtas
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
    Hi there! It's awesome you're posting what worked for you but considering this thread has been inactive since 2017 I'm going to go ahead and close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting