Forum Discussion

AaronRulz78
New Spectator
6 years ago

placing own celebrities

I am living vicariously through everyone because I'm out of town for a week and can't download the new pack and play the game until Tuesday! I hope someone can answer my question. I will be placing my own celebrity actors NPC's/townies in the game. Will they show up as co-stars on set to your active sims?
  • @aaronrulz Have you seen the NPC Control Mod? It is updated for the November 2018 patch and does wonderfully in controlling newly created homeless sims that the game creates for NPC roles. Just make sure you have your own sims you want in these roles as homeless, that is where it picks from. It will only allow the game to create new homeless sims if there is a need for a certain type to fill a role. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=604590
  • If you have a wide variety of homeless sims it will use them. You will need to make sure you have a good selection of different age groups from teen to elders. Don't worry it's not a huge number. One way to know if the game is short is what I do is this. I will take all my sims whether I play them or not, I will mark them by clicking that little heart down on the lower right side of the box that shows the different family groups, leaving the other side completely empty. Then every so often I will check that other side to see if the game created any new sims. I will then either delete them or edit them, but this also lets me know if I need to add some more of my own sims, and which age group. Also for the choices on the number of sims allowed in the game, I always check the unlimited choice, this way if something happens the game won't be deleting any sims and will give me full control in this area as well.
  • Thought I would share this for those who don't use mods or cc:
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/getfamous/cheats.php

In short:
    1. Design or choose your sim you want to be a celebrity
    2. In play mode, hold Shift and right click on the sim (you may first need to do control+shift+c then type in testingcheats on)
    3. Select 'Public Image' and choose from increase or decrease celebrity level as well as setting reputation and adding fame quirks
    4. The link above will teach you how to improve their acting career level i.e. promote them using control + shift+ c cheats

I love how simple this is! You can also: incease or decrease celebrity level, add fame quirks and set reputation for sims who aren't in your current household by right clicking on them e.g. someone you meet in a bar or a friend ina different household. I haven't tried it yet but the options do come up and I'd be careful doing it on people who aren't in your household to avoid glitches.

I'm not sure if you get the fame points when increasing fame level but it certainly is a simple way of creating celebrities in your world without the hassle.
    Hope this helps.
    janyses
    Seasoned Spectator
    From what I've seen so far, I don't think so. Unless it happens later on in the career. All of the co-stars I've seen have been randoms created by the game. However, I only have one other sim in the acting career, so maybe she just hasn't shown up yet? I have plenty of my own celebrities, they're just not actors.
  • "IceyJ;c-16835635" wrote:
    From what I've seen so far, I don't think so. Unless it happens later on in the career. All of the co-stars I've seen have been randoms created by the game. However, I only have one other sim in the acting career, so maybe she just hasn't shown up yet? I have plenty of my own celebrities, they're just not actors.

yea...about that. I don't want spawned celebs. I just want mine
    LadyKyn
    New Traveler
    Haven't tested it yet. I beleive sims without a career have a chance to spawn to be a co-star. Not sure if you'll see other actors on the lot if you placed them in the acting career. If anything might have to assign it to them via cheat to be a co-star.
  • "LadyKyn;c-16835879" wrote:
    Haven't tested it yet. I beleive sims without a career have a chance to spawn to be a co-star. Not sure if you'll see other actors on the lot if you placed them in the acting career. If anything might have to assign it to them via cheat to be a co-star.

well, that is my intention. To give celebrity actor townies in my game level 10 in the acting career. I was hoping they would show up as co-stars on set if there are townies already as actors. I loathe spawned NCP's!! I never ever want the except the required ones (landlords, electricians...etc) And now with this new patch, my "reduce random townies" mod is still broken.
  • "LaBlue0314;c-16836167" wrote:
    @aaronrulz Have you seen the NPC Control Mod? It is updated for the November 2018 patch and does wonderfully in controlling newly created homeless sims that the game creates for NPC roles. Just make sure you have your own sims you want in these roles as homeless, that is where it picks from. It will only allow the game to create new homeless sims if there is a need for a certain type to fill a role. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=604590

This is great @LaBlue0314 ! I was not familiar with this mod at all. Is there a list anywhere of all the NPC roles that the game will generate?
  • I just thought of something that might help you in knowing the NPC roles. There is a mod created by Froggy that unlocks all CAS items, and there is also the NPCs as well.
    https://fogity.wordpress.com/mods/unlocked-cas-parts/
    Their mods are updated with the November 2018 patch as well.

I'm not sure if they are all listed here, but you can find a list of the NPCs in Sims 4, just go down towards the bottom to find the Sims 4 NPCs.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Non-playable_character

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,109 PostsLatest Activity: 3 minutes ago