Forum Discussion

gamegirl2168
Seasoned Rookie
2 months ago

Possible Game Option Update?

I'm wondering if MAXIS could add a choice regarding Vendors for the food stalls, for the base game, to the Game Options. That way you could choose to have vendors manning all the food stalls you have set out in game, from say ... 10-7p in-game time, as well as having the ones that MAXIS had originally included. (Yeah, I find it rather sucks to add a food stall to a public place - like one of the parks - only to have to "Hire a Vendor" for it every time I go visit, and then have them leave after 2 in-game hours.)

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran

I would love if the game would automatically spawn vendors for stalls. I never thought about adding it as an option but more choices for the players are always better. 

I would like to suggest to also include bars in this option. Only a few lot types have a bartender, on most other community  lots they have to be hired, which feels like an oversight. 

Miataplay
      Seasoned Ace

I like your options! You know what I need most of all before cars and before a base game sport like billiards?

Sims 4 needs to bring the work to remote or home business. What I mean by this is to connect residential spaces and businesses. I want to sell everything that I create in game or collect, right below my apartment. 

My sims are self-sufficient when allowed. 🙂

Miataplay
        Seasoned Ace

Can I get a whoop whoop. We need real functional businesses below our dwellings. Just walk down the block..you will see what I mean. I don't want to sell items using a cheat.

Normal sims and Occults. Can you make this happen before the end of the game? Please.

elliebreton
    Seasoned Veteran

Oh yes, indeed. Or at least give us the option to 'hire a vendor' but without the fee! I really thought it would have been updated long ago for automatic manning of the stalls. I don't add them to my parks anymore, it's just too sad to see them sat there empty and unused.

• Oh please! I have a whole food truck/festival-style lot that I had to abandon because the game just couldn’t fill all the stands with vendors 😭 Also a big problem with bartenders. This would be a big help 

• Agreed, I hadn't really thought about including bartenders with that, but that makes perfect sense for them to be included. (Especially since you can order food at most bars, too.)

0f8r0e7tbrsc
    Seasoned Hotshot

Would LOVE this! But if they are fixing this, how about making it a little bit easier placing a vendor? If you get way off the lot you are on, it would be nice if we could put those darn little booths in more convenient places! Just saying! 😉

EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace

This would be awesome. From my understanding, what type of sims the lot automatically hires is defined in the lot type tuning file. For now, the only lot type that automatically hires vendors is Community Space and its sub-types. Even then, it's only up to 2. If you have more, you'll have to hire them manually.

My only idea here is a lot setting that counts what "hiring objects" the lot includes and lets the player set how many sims it should hire for them. That way if you have a sales table you want your sim to man themselves, then that's a possibility. I don't know if it would work, but hey, just another idea to throw at the wall.

EgonVM
      Seasoned Ace

For those wondering, "hiring objects" would include:

• Vendor stalls
      • Bars
      • Stand-up Microphones
      • Musical Instruments
      • Massage tables (Spa Day)
      • Instructor Yoga Mats (Spa Day)
      • Spa chair (Spa Day)
      • Barista Counters (Get Together)
      • DJ Booths (Get Together)
      • Busker Sets (City Living)
      • Boba Tea Counter (High School Years)

There might be more that don't come to my mind at the moment, but yeah, mostly objects with the Hire interaction.