Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Question about campfires in OR

I recently capitulated and bought Outdoor Retreat, so that my sims could use the camping equipment on their adventures in the jungle. This makes Jungle Adventures the most expensive GP I have bought so far :p but I am also quite enjoying the additional game-play features for themselves.

One thing that bothers me, though, is that much as I like the campfires, almost every time my sims interact with one, they manage to set something alight - usually one or other of the folding chairs I put there for them to sit on, but on one occasion my male sim had his guitar catch fire while he was playing it by the fire and narrowly managed to avoid incinerating himself as well. So far none of my sims have come to harm, but this makes me very nervous.

Is the game supposed to be like this, or am I doing something wrong? I have been using the cheapest option for the campfire - the one with stones around it - because I thought it looked more natural and rustic. Is there less risk with the more expensive versions, or are they all the same? Is fire-making some sort of skill that my sims have to learn? Or must I just resign myself to not using the campfire at all?