Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Rags to Riches with Seasons

So, I'm a total Rags to Riches addict. Practically all of my sims start off with no house and zero simoleons in their pockets.
I love to have a goal in mind when I play and to see the evolution of their life conditions as they get more and more wealthy.
I am super excited that Seasons will add more difficulty to the challenge.
BUT
I am a little worried that the fact sims can't swin in oceans and rivers yet may make it somewhat annoying. Let me explain.

Usually, when starting a Rags to Riches challenge in Sims 3, I would start in summer, so that my sims had some time to earn a little bit of money and have a shelter before winter.
However in this iteration of Seasons, it seems sims will suffer a lot from extreme temperatures; not only from the cold this time around, but from the heat as well!
Although I think it is a nice addition, I can't help but wonder... How will I keep my sims from dying of heatstrokes when they have no money?
I get that swimming in cool water would cool them off, but it's not like they can buy a swimming pool out of the blue. Also, buying a kiddie pool or a sprinkler when you don't even have a shelter yet seems like... a weird priority, let's say.

I can't help but imagine my sims camping on the beach in Brindleton Bay and dying of an heatstroke with the sea right there in the background. :s

What do you think, can you think of other free or cheap ways for a sim to cool off?
And if you plan on doing a rags to riches challenge, what season do you think you will start in?