Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Removing traits with CAS cheat

Just a quick question!

If I use the CAS cheat to change a sim's traits will I still receive moodlets from the traits I removed?

I'm asking this because that's happening to sims I added to my library from the game and put back into the world.
I think that once you create a sim in CAS his/her traits are hard coded, and the edit in CAS cheat will not completely remove them. Am I right?
  • Short answer -- probably. The best way to do it is to use the Remove Trait cheat, then add the trait you want -- you can find details here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_trait_cheats

• I used to do it in CAS, but if there's a cheat specifically for this then I guess chances are good I won't be bothered with obsolete moodlets.

Thank you.
  • "Chazzzy;c-15825806" wrote:
    Removing the traits will not stop you from getting moodlets of the original trait, at least in my experience. I used the cheat to remove the Romantic trait, Creative trait and something else and all 3 of my sims with these traits originally still get mood lets saying they're sad/tense from not doing that activity. I've read there's nothing we can do about it.

When I've used the Remove Trait cheat or done it through Debug Cheats (which can be activated if you have MC Command Center), I haven't gotten those phantom moodlets after the change. I did when changing them with CAS Fulleditmode cheat.

• certain traits have them and certain traits don't. the best thing to do is make a twin or clear the traits and make a clone.

using the cheat makes no difference in my experience, I was still getting the bored moodlet from the dancing trait even after clearing the traits with cheats.
  • The cheats to remove the traits (not via CAS) usually works for me. However, I've only tried it on reward traits but not original traits that the sim came with in CAS.
  • I know I'm commenting on an old thread, but I tried the cheat to remove a trait (noncommittal) and my sim still got a moodlet saying he was being smothered from a relationship. It's a shame to hear that will never go away. :(
  • If I'm using a gallery sim in my game that I actually might play, as opposed to a random townie, I will use create twin option in CAS to make a copy, so to speak. You can use the original as a template for hair, clothing etc. to make a dupe, then delete it. This will give you a cleaned up sim to use that, for all intents and purposes, is the same as the downloaded one.
    EA_Rtas
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2017, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting