Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Rocket ship = alien abduction?

So my female sim has the nerd brain aspiration and she has to build/own a rocket ship. So I bought the steampunk flyamajig and placed it in my backyard. A few days later, like two or three days after just placing it and not doing anything to it yet, my male sim walked outside and got abducted by aliens! I wasn't having any of that so I reloaded the game and decided not to place the rocket ship because my sim never got abducted until I bought that thing. So yeah, is it the more sciencey/space stuff you have, the more likely your going to be abducted? And also it seems to be the male sim that gets abducted most often? Its been days since I haven't placed it and no abductions yet!
  • It also happens at random. Weirdest thing i had was, my sim was sick with a flu moodlet, he went out and the aliens beamed him up but instantly dropped him down again. Didn't want to get infected, or it was a glitch, idk.
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I've never seen a female sim get abducted. Its always my male sims.

Really don't know if the rocket ship increases the chance of abduction. But, I guess THEY think that if you have a rocket ship in your backyard, then you ARE interested in making contact/explore space, so they go "why not" and decide to take the first step. Its probably like having a scientist sim, and making a satellite dish. Its like a beacon home for the aliens, I guess.
  • I have a rocket, the telescope, and the space portal in my backyard and my sims don't get abducted any more often than others (rarely). Both male and female get abducted in my game, but only the males come back pregnant.
    CaprianaB
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I've had females abducted but not as often as the males.
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    Some things that you can do in Get To Work will increase your chances of getting abducted. I know talking to aliens, and being in the scientist career increases your chances.
    Females can't get pregnant from abductions, only males, unless you use mods. MC Command Center has a setting for that.
  • No. I had none of that and yet my Sim got abducted. He lost his wife some time before and was just now beginning to date again, so he was out late when it happened. He came back dazed. His grown son, however, just a short time later, moments before his wedding, in fact, got abducted. I had the bride click on the wedding arch, since the help and the guests were already assembled and from previous experience knew the groom would be gone for some time. He was returned almost immediately, but then I realized I probably blew it. Nope. The couple got married and tried for baby on their wedding night (I was playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge) and she got preggars. When my Heir started getting nauseous, I though he was just being overly empathetic with his wife's 'condition'. Only to realize he had gained weight. I had my very first alien pregnancy! She had a girl (I needed a boy for the Legacy) and then he had a girl several hours later, if not the next day. I had them listening to Alternative Music, too. Then he had a boy. Twins! Alien twins. So, basically they had triplets between them. Happy times, yes, it was hard, but it was fun, too. Not only that but the aliens weren't finished with this family. My Founder was a playable ghost (my first and last) and he kept getting abducted, too. Not only that but my Dad/Mom was abducted a few more times, too. I used that in my blog.

So, no, you don't need the science stuff to get abducted. Sometimes, the randomization is either on your side or it's not. I got lucky and was well-pleased.
  • "Kathykins;c-17563066" wrote:
    I've never seen a female sim get abducted. Its always my male sim.

My single female doctor with the beach house in Sulani got abducted once. The only science stuff she did was her lab work.
  • The household I'm currently playing is my female scientist and male engineer. There were no problems with abductions until she started 'contacting' aliens during work. Now abductions have been taking place maybe once every two sim weeks, but fortunately the aliens are just interested in my female scientist.
    Several months back, or maybe a bit longer, I was playing a married couple (doctor and detective) and both of them were regularly getting abducted. Neither of them worked on any aspirations, or owned any objects that might attract aliens.