Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Sage of Mischief changed?

Has anybody had an issue with an RoM npc changing? For some reason L.Faba has been replaced in my game by some random townie and I have no idea why. I haven't played L.Faba in my game and she is still a homeless sim so I'm a bit confused. Is there anyway to get her back as the mischief sage? I wasn't planning to ever play her as I wanted to keep the original sages in my game.
  • She may have been given a job, in which case while she's at said job, she's replaced by a semi-random townie (the same would probably happen if she died.)

I used MCCC to flag my sages as homeless, jobless and immortal
  • "DaWaterRat;c-17268838" wrote:
    She may have been given a job, in which case while she's at said job, she's replaced by a semi-random townie (the same would probably happen if she died.)

Oh yeah! I think you're right about the job @DaWaterRat cause she showed up at my sims house when they were adopting a cat as the adoption agent. I was surprised when it was her but I didn't realize that it would affect her sage status until I had my spell caster visit the magic HQ and a new sage was present. I'm actually so sad about it. I wanted to keep the original sages in my HQ. I wonder if it's possible to get her back as the sage some how. It seems silly that the game gives them jobs. You would think that being a sage would be considered their job. :(

Thanks so much for your reply.
  • "Sharonia;c-17268845" wrote:
    "DaWaterRat;c-17268838" wrote:
    She may have been given a job, in which case while she's at said job, she's replaced by a semi-random townie (the same would probably happen if she died.)

Oh yeah! I think you're right about the job @DaWaterRat cause she showed up at my sims house when they were adopting a cat as the adoption agent. I was surprised when it was her but I didn't realize that it would affect her sage status until I had my spell caster visit the magic HQ and a new sage was present. I'm actually so sad about it. I wanted to keep the original sages in my HQ. I wonder if it's possible to get her back as the sage some how. It seems silly that the game gives them jobs. You would think that being a sage would be considered their job. :(

Whenever she's not on shift as the cat adoption agent, she'll be in her sage position. She just leaves to go to work and then comes back.
  • "SimAlexandria;c-17268855" wrote:
    "Sharonia;c-17268845" wrote:

Whenever she's not on shift as the cat adoption agent, she'll be in her sage position. She just leaves to go to work and then comes back.

Hmm but the cat adoption agent only shows up when you want to adopt a cat. Shouldn't she have returned to being the sage?

Yeah that doesn't seem to be happening. She's just not showing up in the magic HQ anymore. :(
  • I deleted the original sages except morgyn to see what would happen. They got replaced by some unattractive new sims. I was curious. :D
  • "BlkBarbiegal;c-17268909" wrote:
    I deleted the original sages except morgyn to see what would happen. They got replaced by some unattractive new sims. I was curious. :D

Yeah I wouldn't mind if it replaced them with nice sims. I got an old lady replacement. It's not really my vision of the Magic HQ. :D
  • "Sharonia;c-17268923" wrote:
    "BlkBarbiegal;c-17268909" wrote:
    I deleted the original sages except morgyn to see what would happen. They got replaced by some unattractive new sims. I was curious. :D

Yeah I wouldn't mind if it replaced them with nice sims. I got an old lady replacement. It's not really my vision of the Magic HQ. :D

hehe I got an old lady mage too. :p

Jobs have set hours, even when you don't see them. Like the mail man or pizza delievery ppl. They are in the background delivering to other townies that you aren't seeing during those job hours. My Sim was dating the mail man, and hours after he delievered her mail he was still "at work" so she couldn't invite him to hang out for example. It'll say he's working from 8am-4pm daily (or whatever the hours are).

Your cat adoption lady is probably rounding up other cats to adopt or adopting them out to other households that you don't know about (or that's what the game pretends she's doing) but she still won't be off shift until whatever time that position ends each day, if that makes sense.
  • "MaggieMarley;c-17269025" wrote:
    L Faba boy allocated a job in my game and was replaced but I was able to use MCCC to get the mischief mage to quit her career following Bonxie’s instructions here:

"Bonxie;c-16234065" wrote:
    "LiaRose1435;c-16233310" wrote:
    Is there a way to make a townie quit their job?

Not really quitting like your active sim. But if you have the debug command options undhidden and enabled, you can remove the career from any random sim. Just shift click the sim and choose Cheat Sim Info > Remove Career.

The option 'Remove Career' is only available if the selected sim already has a career, also the options 'Promote Career: ' and 'Demote Career: '. If not, only 'Add Career' is available.

You can enable the debug command options with these MCCC settings:
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Testing Cheats
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Debug Commands in Cheats

Both have to be set to 'Enabled'.

Make a backup of your game data, before you start. Then you will have a fallback option, if you're not happy with the results of the cheats.

I have also used MCCC to set adult employment levels to zero and have flagged each of the mages with MCCC to have their ‘career’ frozen so that they remain unemployed.

Thank you so much @MaggieMarley. I ended up rolling my game back to an earlier backup and I have her back now. I've taken the precautions you mentioned to hopefully keep them all safe from it happening again. The magic HQ just seems weird without them there.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,079 PostsLatest Activity: 7 hours ago