Forum Discussion

manicobsessive1
Seasoned Newcomer
3 years ago

Scared to update...

Hi all! I was wondering if I could get your insight. I haven't updated my game since Werewolves, and I'm still happily playing.

I want to update my game and possibly get HSY, but I'm scared as to what bugs there still are. I know the main patch for HSY created so many bugs, and I was wondering if you could give me some advice on any lingering bugs. Are the following still happening, and if they are, are there workarounds or fixes?

1. Needs bars don't change colour and sims die of starvation
2. Sims coming home from work early
3. Prom/Graduation not happening
4. Only one sim at a time can use the HSY fair rides

I know I'll have to update my mods etc (I use very few anyway). Any advice on the above or in general that you can give me would be very much appreciated! :)
    susanleona
    Seasoned Rookie
    I had a brief Origin problem but when I rebooted (restarted) my computer all was good. The patch issue was not so bad for me, mainly because I put most of my games on hold until the second patch fix. The one game I did play where everyone aged up prematurely was not saved. The only thing that bugs me is that the ages of my sims were all reset due to the game change so that every single one of them was put back to within a day or two of their age span. Getting used to it...
  • I haven't encountered any of the game-breaking bugs. What I have encountered are:

1. I can't get two of my sims in the same household ride a fair ride with other sims. Only one of my played ones can ride with someone at a time.

2. My sims also can't claim a locker. That may be because I had them claim them in another save, and decided to move them to another save for a fresh start. I had them drop out of school and re-enroll and it didn'tfix anything. I'm not too bothered by that because there isn't much gameplay involving lockers anyway. It's not like they store books in them or have backpacks.

bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    So far the only bug I have is 2 Copperdales. The sim I was playing went to high school every day, did homework plus extra credit. His friend, who is a girl asked him to the prom as friends. That was very cute and I did enjoy the prom.

I'm just not into the high school gameplay. I play single sims and very seldom every play with families. But I do love the gameplay, pillow fights, sitting crosslegged on the floor, etc., plus I really like b/b items, especially the beds. That's good because that feature in the game broke every dang cc bed I had. :D
    LadyKyn
    New Traveler
    1. Havent experienced the first half but normal life span and aging off prevents the bug.
    2. Only happens if your sim is on another lot and its time for them to be there. When they leave and you go back to your home lot and it acts like they went to said activity or work. If youre on your home lot its fine or if you have two sims on another lot and one is leaving somewhere with the other staying on that lot its fine.
    3. Wasnt happening to me due to MCC even though i updated had deleted it entirely except for my settings and redownloaded and was able to have sims go to prom. Also deleted my localthumbcache as well which helped too. Dont have the problem in new saves or old ones.
    4. Had the problem a few days earlier but seems like its okay wasnt sure if it had to do with sims being in big groups or otherwise.

Other than those havent experienced much of anything else.
  • "SweetieWright_84;c-18170739" wrote:
    I haven't encountered any of the game-breaking bugs. What I have encountered are:

1. I can't get two of my sims in the same household ride a fair ride with other sims. Only one of my played ones can ride with someone at a time.

2. My sims also can't claim a locker. That may be because I had them claim them in another save, and decided to move them to another save for a fresh start. I had them drop out of school and re-enroll and it didn'tfix anything. I'm not too bothered by that because there isn't much gameplay involving lockers anyway. It's not like they store books in them or have backpacks.

I wanted to add to my comment.

I discovered another bug. When my toddler aged up, her dad had to reintroduce himself to her, even though they have a full relationship. Also, he's an alien but he had the option to sniff and introduce, which is a werewolf interaction.

Apparently this bug has been around since November 2020, according to AHQ. It seems it's related to the Beloved trait but after removing it, he still had to introduce himself to his toddler.
  • "SweetieWright_84;c-18170842" wrote:
    "SweetieWright_84;c-18170739" wrote:
    I haven't encountered any of the game-breaking bugs. What I have encountered are:

I wanted to add to my comment.

I discovered another bug. When my toddler aged up, her dad had to reintroduce himself to her, even though they have a full relationship. Also, he's an alien but he had the option to sniff and introduce, which is a werewolf interaction.

Apparently this bug has been around since November 2020, according to AHQ. It seems it's related to the Beloved trait but after removing it, he still had to introduce himself to his toddler.

@SweetieWright_84 Here is the bug thread for the werewolf introduction appearing when non-werewolves introduce themselves to toddlers
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-W-Sniff-and-introduce-option-for-humans/m-p/11577525/highlight/true#M218209
    Kadavera
    New Spectator
    Oh... and another thing... after I updated... every plant in every square garden box just disappeared. Nothing there. And the sim I was playing at the time was a gardener who had reached the top of his field. All those perfect and spliced plants were gone. The last time this happened to me was for the Vampires update. You can bet I won't be using those anymore.