Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Schedules

This mag seem like weird question but do you guys do schedules with your sims. Like today you do such and such and tomorrow you’ll do this. Or do you do just whatever whenever?
  • Yeah, at least for my main family of sims. On Thursdays and Sundays, she cleans the whole house and do laundry. Sunday afternoons is when they go picnic on the park or wherever I want them to go. Fridays used to be when her friends come over and they eat and drink a lil bit, but now that she has a child, this doesn't happen much now. My sim also has to wake up by 4:30 am, to prepare things for her family. Most Saturdays is when I invite my sim's close neighbors for lunch, and their neighbor's kid got to play with my sim's kid.

For most of my other saves, I just don't care much about them so I do whatever, whenever lol

• I would say my Sims have routines rather than schedules. During the week it's school for the kids and work, Uni for the adults. Homework, skilling, dinner, family time in the evening. Weekends are for chores, visiting friends, going to the spa, date nights, family barbeques, etc.
    ck213
    Seasoned Scout
    Not daily, but something like...

-University prep-school dorm, six teen sims.
    "A" average, level 3+ in degree related skills, level 3+ in Research and debate skill.
    Graduate 3 sims.

-Send 3 students to University, 2 terms.

-Return to prep school dorm, visit family.

-Rotate to progress other households, invite any prep school students home.

- Return to University prep-school dorm.
    Take students on vacation (Komorebi, Sulani, Selvadorada, or Batuu)

-Take the other 3 sims to University for 2 terms

-Return to Prep-school and repeat cycle until graduation.

-Return to prep-school dorm as graduate, be there for new student orientation and then move out.

-Move 3 new high school students to Uni prep dorm.
    Repeat.

I don't try to get things done in a certain amount of time.
    It takes as long as it takes. I have 9 more students to go and then I will be focused on households, careers, and raising families.
    Also, my prep-school has a student counselor and school administrator living there. They will retire and two new sims will take their place.
  • I do schedule ahead. I have a bit of a storyline in my head for my sims so I try to fit different events into the week I'm playing my current household to progress that story.
    lemonnella
    Seasoned Rookie
    I have routines and schedules :D

I only play with one family, so it’s pretty easy to plan out my sim’s schedules and establish routines. Each family member belongs to at least one club, so I schedule out when their club meetings are. I keep that schedule in a spreadsheet for my reference. I’ll also schedule dates, gym days, and vacations in advance. Other than those activities, my sims have routines. The typical wake up, hygiene routine, breakfast, kids to school or parents to work, chores, hobbies, dinner, and then family time to round out the night.

Sometimes I play without a set plan, but that’s not as common as the prior. I guess I’m just an organized simmer!
  • I just do whatever whenever mostly
    kinda hard to schedule getting eaten by motherplant on my calendar
  • Whatever whenever, basically. I do have different ideas and follow the progression of them, but nothing that resembles a certain weekday being festival day for example.

I'm admittedly not sure how strict you mean it, though. I guess there is pretty well always some sort of scheduling now that the calendar is base game. I do indeed schedule some events. Curfews from Parenthood might count as well, and I do use them but more fictitiously.

I also have technically waited until day time or night time to do this or that (usually around a Sim's career) or even for an off day it was an all day activity. However, this is usually more... An obligation than a choice. Needs have to be tended or time sensitive obstacles have to be worked around, etc. *shrug* I wouldn't call it scheduled, but maybe you would.
  • I have to say, yes. For instance any time I restart my Erik Cantrell, such as the Flashback save I'm currently working on, I try to get his fame leveled up as soon as possible, which ultimately gets in the way of him receiving his first Accolade for Best Song, while still a Rising Star. So, I end up hurting my own cause. LOL He was first nominated as that Notable Newcomer. He became a Rising Star, quickly, too. It's now Friday in my game, of that very first week, and he's a B-Lister. Two more stars and he's reached the top. While I love that he rises quickly, again, I thought him winning (which he hasn't yet) would be a really cool thing while he's at the lower levels of fame. Oh, well. The Main Save he became a Global Superstar before he graduated from HS, in just ten Sim days. Since this is simply a flashback version, I feel compelled to keep with my own Head-canon. :open_mouth: I'll see how it goes.

In the Main Save for Erik, he's up to eighteen Best Song Accolades. He's winning them weekly. So far, no break in the pattern. Yay. He earns one, then turns right around and licenses the next song(s) until it gets a nomination. He's currently on a roll.

The Flashback save exists so I can take Erik through his high school years. I can't even begin to think of going through that experience for the first time with any other Sim. I did the same for the MWS pack.

When (and it's been a very long time) I play any other household, I just let the game play dictate where the story is going for the most part. I do rule my Uni Students with an iron fist, however. Especially when Erik is among them. He must get all of his work done, ahead of the weekend, so he can go to the Accolades Show without worrying about staying up all night to stay even with his classes. He even packages three albums to release one per Term so he stays relevant, before he takes off for Uni.
    amapola76
    New Adventurer
    I'm not too strict about it, but I do try to keep an eye on the calendar for the week ahead. If my sim is dying to take a day off, but Summer Vacation is coming up in a few days, I'll hold out for that (and make sure they get a good night's sleep the night before so I can start their vacation early in the morning with their needs filled). Or if I'm trying to get a child or teen's grades up, I might make them power through to finish homework during the week, but if it's Friday, they can take it easy and revisit the homework on Sunday. Or if I'm planning to have my sim ask someone out on a date, and that free evening out is coming up, I might sometimes have them wait for the free meals.