Forum Discussion

luciusstorm
Seasoned Veteran
11 months ago

Screen shot file names

OK, dumb question...

Screen shots (for me at least) appear to get automatically named with the date and time of the screen shot... like 10-19-39-1-26-00PM. Does anyone know if there is way to change a settings and make that based on a 24 hour clock/"military time" ... like 10-19-39-13-26-00?

I'm taking screen shots mostly for my simlit stories and sorting out my pictures can really confusing when 1:00pm rolls around and the newest pictures are "out of order" in my folders.
  • Mine is, but my game and computer is 24h clock by default as it's used in Finland.
    Spoiler
    https://i.imgur.com/i7LHnxX.jpg

ETA: I did not find the 24h/12h clock option from game settings, it was there in Sims2

duh, sorry this was not very useful
    Brd709
    Seasoned Hotshot
    I've often found that depending on the time of day i play the last screenshot i take will not always be the last one taken.
  • I use the "group by date" and "sort by date, descending" feature of file explorer. (Note that that's "date" not "date taken" or "date modified", as it seemed to work differently when I used those.) That way, the latest one I took is always on the top, regardless of its name, as the computer sorts it by the date stored in the file, rather than the name. If you're on Windows 10, the setting will be at the top, under the "View" tab. I'm not at my Windows 11 laptop right now, but I believe it's similar. Mac should also have a similar feature. My computer is set to 12 hour time, so I'm not sure if that will affect it, but if your computer is set for 24 hour time, then it should work the same.