Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Seasons or Discover University?

I've been looking into adding a new expansion pack (I already own Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, and City Living), especially with the Black Friday deals so good right now. So far, Seasons and Discover University are my top picks for packs that intrigue me the most. I do enjoy adding some fun new gameplay elements, but if I'm being honest, gameplay is often very repetitive so I like getting a pack that has good build mode items as well. So which one would you suggest?
  • "permanentrose;c-17763425" wrote:
    I did end up getting Seasons, and finally after playing through a whole calendar year, it's starting to feel more like a background part of my game which is nice, since it was a bit overwhelming to change my game so drastically at first! Is there anyway to make the seasons longer than 28 days? I feel like the holidays are just coming around again too fast and I don't like celebrating them again so soon.

Unfortunately not.
    Maybe there is a mod for that though?
  • Both of these are great for enhancing gameplay, but I think season are a bit more fun due to the holidays and changes of weather.
  • Does anyone have a recommendation to go along with Discover University? Maybe like a stuff pack or something. Thanks :smile:
  • I love seasons and holidays in real life, so this was an easy choice for me! I enjoy and use everything in the Seasons pack in each of my Sims 4 games I play. Now can't imagine playing without it! I was really looking forward to Discover University and I really enjoyed playing college with my sims in Sims 2 & 3. Found myself disappointed with it when first played it. My main frustration is with the way it works (or rather doesn't) well with rotational play. In Sims 2&3 I would move my teens into one household then send as a group to college. It was so much fun having them in a dorm together and being able to play them as a household! Can't really do that in 4. I like the actual gameplay and know it is possible to work around it if living outside the dorm, but feel it is a real shame I can't have the ability to do this in the dorms. I don't use mods, but plan to once Sims 4 is complete.