Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Selling/Giving Away Pets

I know there were some questions about how this would work. I just tested it out and, in both the case of selling and putting a pet up for adoption, someone from adoption services just came and took them away.....there is no option to sell or give the animal to a specific household.

Also, you can only sell puppies and kittens....any age can be given up for adoption.

In both cases, the pet ended up in their own household which was "not in this world". It's not a playable household...still testing to see if the pet ends up being a stray out in the world. Through household management, you could merge them into another household...although they will add their $20,000 in household money to the new household. Probably just easier to transfer them to the new household through household management in the first place...for example, if you were going to breed puppies and kittens and wanted them placed with other families and still in your game.

Btw, if you sell or give away a pet, the whole household will get a major sad mood...sobbing all around the house. To test it out, I gave away their cat and they all got depressed....even their dog got sad and needed comfort. No sad moodlets if you just use household management to transfer to the pet to another family....need the actual adoption or sale process to trigger the sad moodlets. However, they didn't get sad about selling the puppy I created....they hadn't met him yet....so I don't think you'd get the sad moodlets if you sold newly born puppies or kittens before your sims become friends with them.