Forum Discussion

Nindigo79
New Spectator
7 years ago

Snow depth in hindsight

Hey guys,

Considering all the fuss about the lack of snow depth before Seasons was released, is it still a major concern? It was never a problem for me, personally, but I'm curious if it turned out as bad as anticipated.
  • Don'r even notice to be honest. I really love how everything looks both during and after the snow - and this is coming from someone who lives in Maine where snow falls in feet - not inches. At least my sims are never stuck inside for days at a time from too much snow and no where left to put it like we have happen here in real life. I wish our snow looked like it is in the Sims 4. It really looks lovely in the game.
  • Never was a concern for me. I finally just witnessed snowfall in my game and it’s gorgeous! And the snow does pile up around certain things.
    Lyrie18
    Seasoned Observer
    I've stayed optimistic about it like many here about the snow and oh my winter is so breathtaking and the activities and tradtions are so well done it does not matter the depth of snow. I love winter~ stil my fav season in the game~ Also no depth means less lag that I had in sims 3, somtimes I had to take off snow.
    keekee53
    New Spectator
    Honestly, I was annoyed when I heard the news but it doesn't look too bad in game so I voted no. I like the holidays and it still gives a good illusion of a snowy winter. Sims 3 weather was still the best for me but Sims 4 still did a good job. I thought seasons was going to be the pack to make me quit but it is the pack that is keeping me around a little longer.
  • I do miss deep snow, but winter and all the seasons are stunning in their own ways. So I don’t really have much of an opinion on it. I must say though, I love how in Spring little flowers bloom on the grass terrain around the world, it looks so pretty, it’s a small detail that I can’t get enough of.
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Can't say I cared much for snow in TS2 or 3 either. I always made winter the shortest season, like 7 days instead of 21 in TS3. I live in a country with a very long and cold winter, I don't need the same in Sims. The snow doesn't last very long anyway, but that might be a bug. It disappears after traveling, it seems.
  • I don't care a lot, but it would of course be better with more depth. I play only 7 days seasons, so I doubt I 'd seen a lot of deep snow anyway :smile:
  • It only really bugs me when the snow is coming down really hard for two days and there's still only two inches of accumulation. But otherwise it doesn't bother me as much as I was worried it might.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,027 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago