Forum Discussion

AaronRulz78
New Spectator
4 years ago

Snowy Escape Winter Clothes

I have seasons but I have turned off temperature effects and I hated when Sims would walk around indoors with their cold clothes on. The sims never turn back into their everyday clothes after coming in from the snow (same for summer clothes).

However, for the upcoming pack, I will want the sims to be in their winter clothes as I do not want them skiing and snow mountain climbing in everyday clothes. So which category would you put the winter clothes in? Will they change automatically or somethings we have to have them do?
    akl1226
    New Spectator
    I think (and I could be very wrong) you will use the cold weather clothing category. It’s a base game addition already and they said on the livestream that the snowy area of the new world will have some weather and Sims will get cold. If you don’t turn on temp effects id imagine you’d have to make them change though.
  • "Akl500P;c-17712030" wrote:
    I think (and I could be very wrong) you will use the cold weather clothing category. It’s a base game addition already and they said on the livestream that the snowy area of the new world will have some weather and Sims will get cold. If you don’t turn on temp effects id imagine you’d have to make them change though.

that's what I figured. Of course, i'll figure it out once the pack comes out but just curious. Thanks!
  • I'd like to know that, too. Since I do not have Seasons I use the ten extra slots for hobby clothes (gardening, robotics, beach) or costumes. The idea is that the game is unable to ever spin my sims into those on it's own, unlike, say, party clothes. If my sims now need actual cold weather outfits, I'll have to perform some serious shuffling around of outfits. Time to clean out the closet, lol.