Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Some QOL suggestions

This game is 8 YEARS OLD today, and here we are we STILL don't have a built-in Dev supported option to SKIP THE INTRO that we've all seen a billion times. WHY? I can't be the only person who thinks that intro sucks. It's uninspiring after 8 years. If you don't want to put in an option to skip it, at least UPDATE it with every endless new DLC you pump out. I do like this game, but that one obvious thing should be EASY to fix, a modder did make my life easier by creating a simple fix that NEVER needs updating at all. But that leads me to my next big issue, I am perfectly aware by now, that each update Might break mods. BUT please stop auto disabling MODS every time the game updates. I always search for new mod updates; most are done quickly. If I know a mod won't work, I remove it from my mod folder automatically. So, PLEASE fix these simple issues for this 8-year-old game! If the ever will be a Sims 5, then I hope it's nothing like TS4., It better have a more intuitive system. AND a built-in DAY ONE option to skip the INTRO. How the dev's NEVER once thought of this is just BONKERS. I don't know anyone who likes that intro after this long. Just get us right to the home screen immediately, is that too much to ask? I do like the game; I have bought ALL the DLC that I could ever need. At least take these suggestions under advisement.
  • Spoiler
    "pc452000;d-1003302" wrote:
    This game is 8 YEARS OLD today, and here we are we STILL don't have a built-in Dev supported option to SKIP THE INTRO that we've all seen a billion times. WHY? I can't be the only person who thinks that intro sucks. It's uninspiring after 8 years. If you don't want to put in an option to skip it, at least UPDATE it with every endless new DLC you pump out. I do like this game, but that one obvious thing should be EASY to fix, a modder did make my life easier by creating a simple fix that NEVER needs updating at all. But that leads me to my next big issue, I am perfectly aware by now, that each update Might break mods. BUT please stop auto disabling MODS every time the game updates. I always search for new mod updates; most are done quickly. If I know a mod won't work, I remove it from my mod folder automatically. So, PLEASE fix these simple issues for this 8-year-old game! If the ever will be a Sims 5, then I hope it's nothing like TS4., It better have a more intuitive system. AND a built-in DAY ONE option to skip the INTRO. How the dev's NEVER once thought of this is just BONKERS. I don't know anyone who likes that intro after this long. Just get us right to the home screen immediately, is that too much to ask? I do like the game; I have bought ALL the DLC that I could ever need. At least take these suggestions under advisement.

Hey,
    Hope this help : in your game properties in Origin go to Advanced Launch Options and type in line command " -nointro ", SAVE and you should be fine !