Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Stylist Trendsetter Career Question-Closed

I have a sim in this career, level 7 now I think, and she still has the daily task to gather impression, problem is I take her to sculptures, pictures , you name it and it stays at 50% for a very long time ( I mean like all night) and is super hard to get the complete. I have even tried to have her browse art on the computer and it did nothing but give the normal buff. Are there any tips in how to get this completed faster than 12-more hours later? She has most of her needs not moving (reward traits) so she is up almost all night doing this and can't do anything else so that she completes it, but it is not completing. What am I doing wrong?
  • Sometimes I find, that just saving and exiting out of the game, and the come back in will get things moving. Also when things are messing up deleting the localthumscache.package in your The Sims 4 folder, helps.
  • You have to gather impressions twice to complete it. I don't believe it works the second time if your sim still has the moodlet from the first impression (you can get rid of the moodlet by adding the impression to the style board thing, I think?). I've had times where it took a few tries but it really shouldn't be taking you 12 hours, that's kinda nutty.
  • Oh thank you so much , I will try that as she has to do it again today. And another question please, I think I chose the wrong branch , I wanted to be able to dress other sims, she is now level 8 ( best self-helper) and I'm not sure what the difference was. There was not much info on the 2 branches I could find anywhere, I thought there would be in lessons when it came out, but there wasn't. Which one lets you make-over sims, and what is the benefit of the other one.
  • "smurfy77;c-16840810" wrote:
    Oh thank you so much , I will try that as she has to do it again today. And another question please, I think I chose the wrong branch , I wanted to be able to dress other sims, she is now level 8 ( best self-helper) and I'm not sure what the difference was. There was not much info on the 2 branches I could find anywhere, I thought there would be in lessons when it came out, but there wasn't. Which one lets you make-over sims, and what is the benefit of the other one.

Both branches are basically the same. They can both give makeovers and set trends so there isn't really any large difference that I've noticed. She might need to be higher in the career in order to do those things but she'll be able to eventually.
  • Thank You! She got to the next level and can now, it's fun to makeover the townies, they get so excited, lol. Thanks for the help, I'm able to gather impression in a reasonable time now, lol.