Forum Discussion

DomainGoat90
New Spectator
6 years ago

Surprise: No Patch in March.

SimGuruKate just confirmed there will (again) not be a patch in March.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruKate/status/1100867084051832832

No wonder they have ''at least 3 more years of content left!''

They just seem to spread things out a lot now, and same seems all of the sudden also to be the case with patches..
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "SimTrippy;c-16984627" wrote:
    "SilentKitty;c-16984197" wrote:
    Speaking of patches.

One thing that I have seen in my game that I haven’t seen before. My sim being invited to a dinner by a friend and not having to pay for it. When my sim and her friend got to the restaurant my sim ordered but everything cost 0 simoleons. When they were done they simply gave up the table and walked away. So happy, maybe this is old stuff but I haven’t seen it before.

Was it maybe during that one holiday where sims can order things for free, or can they only do that in bars, not in restaurants? I'll have to check this later :D

I hope to see it again. Don’t think that I had any holiday that day but I will come back and update the thread if she gets invited to dinner again. Keeping my fingers crossed :)
  • "Sigzy05;c-16977122" wrote:
    I'm not even going to elaborate on how disappointing this is. Bugs will haunt this game when it's all over just like what happened to TS3 hear my words....

This is sadly what I suspect. It smells exactly of the same outcome that sims 3 had before its demise. I almost feel like the devs no that there is really no fixing the game, and their hope is that they can stretch it (sims 4) out a few more years with some freebie content and maybe a good game/stuff pack, and 3 (Gasp) remaining spread out over time patches :/

I haven't even played my sims 4 game in months now, and for me, that means my love affair with the sims in general may be ending ultimately, sooner rather than later at this rate, and I have been playing sims since sims1/beginning of sims 2...it really is disheartening for us long time simmers. :| I tell you it is going to take something huge and along the lines of a sims2/sims3 combo type sims 5 iteration to get me to put more years into this franchise.
  • "Kolby;c-16985510" wrote:
    "alanmichael1;c-16983839" wrote:
    "Simprincess;c-16982837" wrote:
    I wish they would fix the rodent cage bug that's completely game breaking. I can't play my favorite household until it gets fixed.

This bug is really a bummer, they should discontinue the pack until it's fixed. I'm also annoyed by pets that can't be spayed and the notorious dates on absurd lots.

What is the issue with the rodent cage?

Its crashing TS4 and making it unplayable for a lot of people.
  • "catloverplayer;c-16989907" wrote:
    I'm kind of glad there is no patch this month cause I have atleast 4 or 5 mods in my game I've downloaded.

So...The patch would remove the mods? I thought mods are allowed... (I'm pretty sure I saw a category for mods.)
  • "SunStone02;c-16998950" wrote:
    "catloverplayer;c-16989907" wrote:
    I'm kind of glad there is no patch this month cause I have atleast 4 or 5 mods in my game I've downloaded.

So...The patch would remove the mods? I thought mods are allowed... (I'm pretty sure I saw a category for mods.)

No I'd have to move them to my desktop and wait to see if they need updating.
    alan650
    New Spectator
    I don't mind them skipping months without having a patch. I think it's fun to wait for the bigger patches but that's just me. I also have tons of mods and CC because I am addicted to downloading them! Sometimes it can be a pain to have to update them every month! I can only imagine what a true pain it is for the mod creators themselves!!