Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
5 years ago

Switching degrees

I'm pretty sure I read that a student can switch university after started. Can we switch degree also?

My sim was supposed to study Economics, but while signing up I got it wrong and chose Psychology instead... She will survive anyhow, but if possible, I'll try to switch her degree after the first term has ended. With some luck some of her credit points can be carried over, or? Would be nifty having access to a table showing how this can be done in a smart way...
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    I've had a sim switch from communication to a distinguished degree in psychology after two terms/four courses. He lost two points, so it wasn't too much work to get them back. He just had to skip his Summer holidays. ;)
  • Thanks @MDianaSims I saved before getting to the enrolling for a new term, and switched from Psychology to Economics - but she got to keep only 1 of 3 points, so I cancelled the switch. It's not that important. It would be nice if the game told us the effect instead of just saying there will be some effect, because there is a big differebce in losing 1 vs 2 points...