Forum Discussion

7 years ago

The cats won't breed and I WANT KITTENS!

I've been trying for days to get my household's cats, Juniper and Garrus, to breed but every time a thought bubble of Garrus with the 'ugh get away' thingy across his picture appears over Juniper's head and she bats him away. They're both adult, unneutered/unspayed cats. They were adopted a few days apart but I don't think that has anything to do with the problem. I know their 'relationship' level is probably to blame but I cannot figure out how to get them to interact with each other. The 'be nice to...' option isn't appearing for either of them and I want them to have kittens so badly! Anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be? Thanks :3
  • @LoriTSp I'm too determined to get these two to have kittens! I might have to ask an EA rep but I'm so invested in this at this point that I'd rather them just be a two cat family. Thanks for replying though! :)
  • Hmm...this is a puzzle. Maybe give them each three to four treats in a row to make them very happy before trying again. When they are very happy the background of their portraits should turn green. Also, do you happen to have any mods or CC that might be causing a problem? I don't play with mods myself, but maybe someone else would know if there's a conflict. Hang in there, I'm sure it will eventually work.
  • "Rococo1256;c-16419839" wrote:
    Hmm...this is a puzzle. Maybe give them each three to four treats in a row to make them very happy before trying again. When they are very happy the background of their portraits should turn green. Also, do you happen to have any mods or CC that might be causing a problem? I don't play with mods myself, but maybe someone else would know if there's a conflict. Hang in there, I'm sure it will eventually work.

I have had them try when they were both in the green and she still batted him away. I DO play with mods and CC but I've played other households where the cats bred just fine. I'm not sure if there might be a piece of CC that's causing it cause in the save they're in I'm playing with more CC than usual. I'll try taking off their CC collars and see if that was what the problem was but I highly doubt it. Thanks for replying!
  • "xosummerloverxo;d-937867" wrote:
    I've been trying for days to get my household's cats, Juniper and Garrus, to breed but every time a thought bubble of Garrus with the 'ugh get away' thingy across his picture appears over Juniper's head and she bats him away. They're both adult, unneutered/unspayed cats. They were adopted a few days apart but I don't think that has anything to do with the problem. I know their 'relationship' level is probably to blame but I cannot figure out how to get them to interact with each other. The 'be nice to...' option isn't appearing for either of them and I want them to have kittens so badly! Anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be? Thanks :3

You can interact with either one and tell them to be nice, or you can repeatedly encourage them to breed, I did this persistently with both of my dogs and finally she fell pregnant a few sims days later! but it did take time.

I also changed my lot trait to "breeding ground" which might have helped? but also might explain as to why she had 3 puppies :smiley:
  • The only time I have gotten pets to successfully breed was when I created two in CAS so they already had a high relationship. I've tried so much nuzzlenip with household cats and strays and no luck. But it was successful within a Sim day when I created them in CAS... I think they have to have compatible personality traits or they'll just fight... (sigh)
  • This is an old thread but since I just encountered this issue and found a work-around for it, I thought I'd necro the thread.

My two pets wouldn't breed. Despite having max relationships with both of them, they'd swipe at each other and every attempt would fail. Catnip didn't work, they just didn't like each other. In the end, I gave them up for adoption and adopted them right back again, since they showed up as options. They came back with different traits but I've successfully bred them with hardly any relationship with them. (Go figure.)

The only thing that I can think of is that they were both my familiars and maybe something with that new pack triggered this bug.

• Try to get the flirty catnip and give them some. Since one of them is a glutton, don’t let them eat together as sometimes they can be hostile when eating next to each other, that can decrease the relationship. Do anything you can to get their relationship up. I think I heard somewhere that cats are harder to breed then dogs as well, but I don’t know this to be true.

Double check their not spayed or neutered. If this still doesn’t work, go into CAS and get a kitten with their genetics. I don’t really like doing this, but it may be your only choice.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,081 PostsLatest Activity: 12 days ago