Forum Discussion

5 years ago

The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu!

The next game pack has been announced! Here's the trailer :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4swl1VObu8&t=7s

Create your Sim’s unique Star Wars™ story in The Sims™ 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Game Pack*, available September 8! Learn more here: http://x.ea.com/64000.

Hone your lightsaber skills, befriend a droid, and get ready to unlock missions for the Resistance, First Order, or scoundrels. The more you accomplish, the closer you are to meeting iconic Star Wars characters like Rey and Kylo Ren.

Available September 8, 2020, on PC/Mac, Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4.

Check the spoiler for more details!

Spoiler
Experience the Edge of the Galaxy
From the moment Sims arrive on Batuu, they’ll be surrounded by the sights, sounds, and smells of Star Wars™. Majestic petrified trees rise high over the settlements and ships pass overhead, engines whining. Black Spire Outpost hums with activity as alien locals and busy droids go about their days. Vendors serve up Ronto Wraps and Fried Endorian Tip-Yip to hungry Niktos and Rodians. Curious Abednedos, Mirialans, and Twi’leks browse the wares at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities. Sims might recognize a certain infamous ship, the Millennium Falcon™, or hope to escape the notice of patrolling stormtroopers. But once they arrive, they’ll never want to leave.

Earn a Reputation
The tension between the factions on Batuu is evident. Stormtroopers patrol the streets, searching for evidence of the hidden Resistance, and rebels carry out secret plans from their mysterious bunker. Even the smugglers operate a lucrative business, staying neutral to take advantage of both the Resistance and the First Order. So, which will your Sim join?

DJ R-3X, the droid in charge of the music at Oga’s Cantina, is the best point of contact for learning about the different factions. At first, missions will be simple, sending your Sim off to rifle through supply crates or chase rumors about the growing Resistance presence. As a result of completing a mission, Sims collect rewards—and earn reputation points with the associated faction. Increase your Sim’s reputation to rise through the ranks, from sympathizer or supporter to sergeant of the Resistance or First Order. If galactic credits motivate your Sim more than ideals, the scoundrels are always looking for assistance—that’s just good business.

As your Sim’s reputation grows, it also affects the way locals react to them. A Sim highly regarded by the First Order will find it difficult to chat with Resistance supporters. Climbing the chain of command by completing missions also begins to introduce new faction contacts. Depending on the choice your Sim makes, they might encounter Vi Moradi running a mission, Rey practicing with her lightsaber, Kylo Ren losing his temper, or Hondo Ohnaka cheating at a game of sabacc.

https://media.contentapi.ea.com/content/dam/eacom/SIMS/common/ts4-screens-lightsaber-training-1.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

Acquire Artifacts and Treasures
It wouldn’t be Star Wars™ without lightsabers and droids. On Batuu, Sims can find parts for their own lightsabers! Take a trip to Savi’s Workshop to see a few of the hilt and kyber crystal options, or complete missions to earn rare pieces as rewards. Try different crystals until you find the one that is right, and once it’s done, start training! Practicing with a lightsaber or sparring with other Sims builds the Fitness skill, too.

Need a friend on Batuu? Why not a droid?! Just collect scrap metal from scrap piles around Batuu and earn enough galactic credits, then purchase a droid from the Droid Depot, where they offer both R- and BB-series astromech droids. Once Sims have customized their droid, give it a name and watch it go! Your Sim’s new buddy will follow them everywhere on Batuu. Plus, droids are helpful on missions. They can use their scanners and electro-prods to assist Sims by searching crates, scrambling control panels, or distracting rival faction members. These are the droids you’re looking for!

Bring It Home
When your Sim returns from Batuu, they won’t be coming back empty-handed. Enjoy Star Wars™ inspired updates in decor, home design, and even recipes. Whether Sims display the antiquities they collected on Batuu or revamp their style completely to imitate the dwellings of Black Spire Outpost, they don’t have to leave their Star Wars™ adventure behind. Invite neighbors over for a game of sabacc or a lightsaber sparring session whenever you like.

Plus, any droids ordered on Batuu return to the Sims world as well! Sure, droids might not go around zapping people in Willow Creek, but Sims can still build relationships with them and have fun driving them around with a datapad!

https://media.contentapi.ea.com/content/dam/eacom/SIMS/common/ts4-screens-bring-home-star-wars.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "SERVERFRA;c-17630099" wrote:
    Finally, it's not another realism game. I can finally put the Sims 4 Base Star Wars costumes to use. This is so going to be perfect with my Futuristic Game Save. I am so remaking my Princess Leia, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker & Jade Skywalker.
    I hope there are actual new Aliens & not just sims in a mask. I'm also looking forward for my Batman & Batgirl sims to fight the villains. Yipee!! :D :p <3 B)

Hmm.... I’m guessing that the not all the aliens are available in CAS as new lifestates. I mean I am not expecting toddler-versions of them being available. However for a Game Pack this is looking really good. For immersion, being able to feel that you truly are in a different place this will be awesome.

If there are no lots to rent my sims are packing a tent! Looking forward to Batuu so so much.

Wish we had lekku for all the ages, and that there was a way to glue them on permanently so that the game didn’t treat it like a hat. I would love to have a twilek-sim!
  • Yay more things for my aliens and robots and yes before you ask my gameplay style is sometimes wacky ? ps the DJ robot though, candy behr can go too plum ?
  • Anyone else get the impression the aliens are just more costumes that sims can put on? :|
  • "Nindigo;c-17631622" wrote:
    I don't mind some story driven content. Every other game I play is story driven and has missions and quests. Also, in The Sims you can just cheat through story content or anything, really, viewed as an obstacle towards instant gratification. Sims players don't have it even remotely hard when it comes to that.

I don't like story driven content in the sims. I like it to be all sandbox. But you made a good point with the cheats... i'm already cheating in Eco Lifestyle. I just tweak my neighbourhoods to green or industrial and pause it, instead of making it green or industrial... let's see what cheats will be there for us. Atm i'm not interested in this pack but i'll be watching the livestream. I also hope we can delete all SW characters and change them for my characters... let's see... that would make it more sims's sandbox style...
    rostsit
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "clover24;c-17631917" wrote:
    Anyone else get the impression the aliens are just more costumes that sims can put on? :|

Yes, that's why I asked about it in the first place
  • @Onverser Are we reading the same thing? From the info blog it sounded very much like a story driven game. I mean different than Strangeville because it has more than "one" outcome, but still story driven. It's too early to tell for me anyway.

I don't even know why I'm talking about it. I'm not getting this pack. I know none of these characters except the R2D2 that isn't R2D2. I feel lost just looking at the trailer.

I do hope you love it Onverser. :smile:

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs &amp; Kits.33,040 PostsLatest Activity: 4 hours ago