Forum Discussion

7 years ago

There will be NO Quarterly Teaser next quarter...why?

According to this lovely post by EA_Mage, there will be no quarterly teaser for this upcoming quarter, but yet new content is coming. The only question really here is why we are not having a quarterly teaser this quarter, and the future of quarterly teasers.

My guesses are that, A) SimGuruDrake was the one who formed the idea of quarterly teasers, and with her departure, they either want to wait for another to fill her position, or scrapping the idea of quarterly teasers altogether and leave us back to how it was before them, OR tweaking the idea a bit to suit their interests, but there will still be teasers after this quarter.

b) With EA Play coming in June, they want to keep a tight lip on any new content for this quarter and instead issue the reveal for it at EA Play instead, which is going to be happening within the next quarter, yet late into it. However, that doesn't mean they won't reveal smaller new content like a stuff pack or even a game pack for April/May before a BIG reveal at EA Play in June for what they're really been holding out on.

C) A combination of A and B, depending on the deciding factors at least seen by the spontaneous reveal of MFP stuff after Drake left, which was unexpected yet had various other reasons for why that reveal was not included within the last quarter teaser, which is itself a different discussion.

D) Sims 5 maybe revealed at EA Play, thus marking the eventual end of Sims 4 development, including quarterly teasers early. EDIT: Sims 5 reveal has been debunked

Personally, I don't want Sims 5 to be revealed yet (if that even happens), a lot of things are still off/missing about Sims 4, but if it happens, well I certainly am not expecting much if it'll just continue from where Sims 4 left off. What are your theories?